Interim Head of Procurement - Logistics
A market-leading client of 1st Executive - An established FTSE100 Retail organisation are seeking a senior procurement leader with head of category experience across Transport, Logistics and Fleet. An exciting opportunity leading transformation across their existing Transport & Logistics categories and managing specific projects within the existing supply chain.
- Leading the Logistics Category, focusing primarily on transformation of the Transport category and the procurement of Fleet services.
- Undertaking a review and potential transformational overhaul of the operations of the transport category and related sub-categories, through cost reduction, supplier rationalisation, innovative new short time-bound logistics projects and supplier management.
- Managing and engaging with suppliers and strategic partners in 3PL and 4PL logistics categories.
- Development, transformation & implementation of Transport & Logistics category purchasing strategies.
- Management of the strategic sourcing lifecycle, from supplier selection, contract and price negotiation, management of the tender process, through to post-contract award SRM and performance assessment.
- 5 years + experience in Transport & Logistics procurement, ideally across the retail or FMCG industries
- Previous procurement management experience, ideally with line management experience managing head count
- Ideally degree qualified
- Prior retail or FMCG industry experience within Logistics
- Complex, matrix organisation experience
- Adaptable, innovative individual able to drive new initiatives within the team