Department Manager - Allergens
We are the world leader in food and environmental testing, offering an exciting opportunity as a Department Manager - Allergensto join our expanding team based in Wolverhampton and be part of our growing business.
You will have overall responsibility for the technical operations for Allergens, including the management and development of the team. Ownership of and improvements in existing methodologies and introduce newer technologies to ensure continual development across your laboratories. To follow ISO17025 and Eurofins QMS. To ensure the laboratory operates to the accreditation standard of ISO17025 alongside various customer specific accreditations. To drive and improve TAT improvement within Allergens.
This role is working Monday to Friday 08.00 - 16.00.
A role at Eurofins is all about team work and working towards a common goal to ensure the health and safety of us all.
- Ensure the laboratory operates to the accreditation standard of 17025 alongside various customer specific accreditations
- Drive a strong quality culture within Allergens
- Ensure a high-level of performance across EQA/IQC/AQC and issues in the areas of Allergens
- Ensure Customer Complaints and NCWs are completed in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Ensure new methods are validated and associated test methods and supporting procedures are generated
- Ensure the training of staff in all aspects of laboratory work and that this is documented correctly in-line with the QMS.
- Ensure the laboratory is operating to a safe standard with risk assessments, SSOW, COSHH/SDS etc are in place and to a high standard
- Ensure staff are suitably trained within their tasks and that they understand the key risks and controls associated with this alongside their own responsibilities towards H&S in the workplace
- Drive a culture of safety reporting and improvements via the recording of accidents and hazard reports in Allergens. Ensure issues raised are followed through suitably to prevent reoccurrence
- Ensure contractor controls and PTW schemes are in place for all contractors for work conducted within Allergens. Ensure external visitors/contractors are appropriated inducted and supervised whilst on-site
- Drive TAT-R, TAT-95 and TAT-50 within Allergens
- Utilise KPIs and play an active role within Daily Operational structures
- Work in the interest of our customers to deliver accurate results on time within Allergens
- Develop strong working relationships with our customers and the sales team to ensure we are meeting / exceeding expectations
- Work in partnership with the technical development team to explore areas for test development within your team
- Manage consumable spend and ensure sufficient stock is ordered within Allergens
- Work to the rules of the business and ensure your teams are suitably trained and versed in key HR practises
- Make sure the team is well resourced and holidays well managed by your direct reports to ensure ability to respond to client needs
- Ensure performance management of individuals are in place and that there is a strong feedback culture within your direct and indirect reports
- Oversee the development of your team and completion of annual appraisals that deliver comprehensive feedback and skill / career development
- Take responsibility for projects within your department or across the wider Chemistry Department / site to support key business requirements, develop your knowledge of practices across the site or support your own development
- To put in place a project plan with key milestones for your projects and involve key stakeholders as necessary to support you in achieving your objective within agreed timeframes
What We Are Looking For
We look for people who believe in what we believe in. People who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team who provide "results that matter"inestablishing the safety, composition, authenticity and origin of our food and water.
- Degree or equivalent experience in Chemistry Or 5 years + within Food Chemistry Laboratories
- Expertise across a broad range of food chemistry testing
- Strong in-sight and experience towards method development
- Knowledge of UKAS and ISO methods
- Proven experience in working to and exceeding targets
- Experience of working with a broad range of internal and external customers.
- Experience in driving new operational processes to reduce errors and delays
- Full responsibility for a small to medium sized food chemistry operation would be desirable
- Management experience in a food laboratory of teams of minimum 10 people
- Management of people across a broad range of food chemistry testing
- Project Management Skills would be advantageous
- Management level presence and influence
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Committed to customer care
- A strong ability to engage people to drive change
Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories with over EUR 3 billion annual sales and over 30,000 employees with a network of 400 laboratories in 42 countries.
Eurofins has a network of 16 sites in the UK and the Group provides an unparalleled range of over 150,000 reliable and validated analytical methods and support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer product industries, and to governments.