HMP Rye Hill
Full Time - 40 hours per week
GBP24,214 - GBP28,608 per annum
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Rye Hill is situated in the village of Willoughby, near Rugby, in Warwickshire. A PFI prison which opened in 2001, it is a category "B" training prison, acting as a national resource for sentenced male adults who have been convicted of a current or previous sex offence(s). The capacity of the prison is 625.
The sentence requirement for HMP Rye Hill is for prisoners who have been sentenced to over four years and have at least 12 months left to serve. No more than 15% of the population must be in denial of their offence. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible and reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe, and causes of prison stress are minimised.
We are currently have an opportunity for a Full Time Pharmacy Technician to join our Healthcare team.
Benefits as a Pharmacy Technician:
- Salary of GBP24,214 - GBP28,608 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
To administer medication, including controlled drugs. To support the delivery of the medicine management services, primary care, health promotion and education.
- Administration of single dose medication including controlled drugs.
- Administration in possession medication.
- Complete and support medication risk assessments.
- Reconcile the patients medication history.
- Facilitate the supply of medication for patients attending court or transferred.
- The assessment of patients own drugs.
- Provide original pack dispensing.
- The supply of patients discharge medicines.
- Support and development of the use of electronic prescribing and recording of medication administered.
- Provide advice, within area of competence, to patients as agreed with qualified healthcare professional.
- Work alongside qualified healthcare professionals to provide clinics and treatments, including health promotion initiatives as agreed by Line Manager.
- Build good relationships with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to assist in ensuring the delivery of safe and effective health and social care service.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Clean equipment and other items, as required, so that they remain safe, serviceable and ready to use at all times.
- Follow all current procedures in order to maintain security and Health & Safety at all times.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Maintain security within the secure environment at all times by complying with all security instructions.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- Operate within the equality and diversity framework at all times.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Follow G4S policies and procedures at all times, adhering to legislation and best practice.
- Actively participates in training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Carry out any reasonable request from your Line Manager
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills & Knowledge Required as a Pharmacy Technician:
- BTEC in pharmaceutical science or NVQ Level 3 supported by appropriate underpinning knowledge e.g. BTEC in Pharmaceutical Sciences, NPA or equivalent qualification
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a Pharmacy Technician
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Appropriate accredited technician checking qualification
Desirable Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience of working within a secure environment.
- Substance misuse knowledge and experience
- Driving Licence
- Smoking Cessation Advisor
- Experience of immunisation and vaccination.
- Experience of capillary blood testing procedures
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.