Support Analyst / Application Support Analyst - ( SQL)
Support Analyst - ( applications)
Support Analyst ( Business / Software Applications):
Do you have an background in supporting business applications or software? Do you have a broad technical skillset but looking to be re-trained in new technologies and looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about technology, with a strong customer service ethos, wanting to work with emerging technologies including Cloud?
Support Analyst - About the company:
Do you want to be part of a successful organisation, that delivers software for the commercial , private & public sectors, supporting a range of software applications and customers? The role can lead to a position as an Implementation consultant or perhaps in development within the business.
Support Analyst - About the role:
The Support Analyst / Consultant role will be office based in the Midlands office, supporting customers using the company’s software, in a 2nd line support role, building a strong technical awareness of the full technical skillset. Working closely with the 1st line team, sharing knowledge and collectively resolving customer queries and documenting the process. The role will involve working with technologies such as LAN, WAN, Virtualisation ( Hyper-V), Cloud, SQL Server, Windows 2008 /12 R2, ITIL process, basic scripting and creating some SQL statements to query databases.
The role could develop into doing some on-site consultancy with customers implementing business applications.
Support Analyst - Key Responsibilities:
- Support of various business applications.
- Testing application, provide quality assurance and resolving any queries
- Resolution of configuration and deployment issues
- Documentation of the configuration process of the software products to help with further project implementation.
- Creating databases, basic scripting, writing SQL statements, understanding SQL Server
- Support and resolution of customer queries
- Support of mobile applications and devices including IOS, Android, Windows Phones
- Any other related duties as required by the business, including analysis and advising the customer on best practice.
Support Analyst - Essential Technical Skills:
Candidates must have some exposure to most of the technologies listed below:
- IIS & Web
- Business Applications
- SQL Server
- Windows Server 2008, 2012
- PowerShell and basic scripting
- Mobile devices ( IOS, Android, Windows phone)
- Creating / querying databases, creating SQL statements
Support Analyst - Benefits (Negotiable)
- Basic salary of up to £29k on offer
- 25 days holiday
If you are keen to join progressive company, gain exposure to a diverse array of technologies, and gain some internal training and development please apply. You will be given the opportunity to learn and progress to a Support / Implementation Consultant and make an impact with their software product capability.
Langland Consultants acts as an Employment Agency/Business with regards to this vacancy. As an Equal Opportunities employer, Langland Consultants welcomes applications regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or age. All applicants are considered on the basis of their merits and abilities for the job.
By applying to a job advertised by Langland Consultants or providing your contact information to show interest in a job advertised by Langland Consultants, you consent to the disclosure of your information to us in order to assist our legitimate business needs. This includes agreeing to us in storing your information and allowing us to contact you.
You are within your rights to ask us to remove your information at any time.