Business Support Coordinator
ABOUT SHREWSBURY BID
Shrewsbury BID is a business led partnership working for and representing over 500 members in Shrewsbury town centre. In April 2019 we begin our second five year term, investing £2m into promoting Shrewsbury, representing Business and delivering innovative projects to support and enhance the town centre. Read more about the work of Shrewsbury BID in our 2019-2024 Business Plan below.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This significant new role is focused on providing on-the-ground support to our members and liaising closely with partners to create the best possible town centre environment for business to flourish.
We’re seeking a confident and organised individual with excellent interpersonal skills to join a small and ambitious BID team, with the opportunity to develop new skills and gain valuable experience across a wide range of projects and issues.
- Develop strong working relationships with our members and town centre partners
- Foster and facilitate excellent communication between our members and partners to improve the operation, appearance and safety of Shrewsbury town centre
- Liaise closely with partners to ensure that the Town Centre is routinely checked and kept safe, clean, tidy and welcoming for visitors
- Work closely with members and partners to operate the Shrewsbury Watch Safety Partnership including Pubwatch, Shopwatch, Radio Link and DISC system
- Develop the Shrewsbury Ambassadors project to enhance the welcome, safety and experience for visitors to Shrewsbury
- Be the primary representative for Shrewsbury BID within Team Shrewsbury and coordinate Shrewsbury’s Purple Flag activities
- Organise and attend multi-partner meetings and events as necessary
- Maintain appropriate and necessary member and financial records
- Coordinate and facilitate relevant project groups, forums, meetings – taking notes and ensuring actions are followed up as agreed
- Ensure that all systems, equipment and procedures comply with Health and Safety and Data Protection regulations
- Monitor and track relevant projects, benchmarking nationally where possible
- Identify opportunities for BID members to get involved and contribute to our work
- Work to ensure the success of Shrewsbury and seek innovative and collaborative ways to enhance the impact of Shrewsbury BID
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation, negotiation and networking skills
- Experience of working with a range of organisations and stakeholders
- Knowledge of safety issues facing town centres including crime and anti-social behaviour
- Understanding of common environmental maintenance issues
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety risks
- Confident to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent level of IT literacy
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of project and budget management
- Knowledge and understanding of BIDs and challenges/opportunities for town centres
- Knowledge and understanding of membership organisations
- Experience of recruiting and working with volunteers
- Evidence of professional development
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application by 31st March 2019 by sending your CV and covering letter (up to 2 sides) on your suitability for the position to email@example.com.
Strictly no agencies please.