Senior .Net Developer
Senior .NET DeveloperWarwick£55 000 P/A
My client is one of the largest global technology companies and is reinvigorating its technology approach with a significant drive to utilise concepts and thinking such as flow, agile, system thinking and DevOps.
As a Senior Developer you will be happy to embrace the significant change company is going through and see your work in action. You will be building the next generation trading and market data applications, joining a cross functional team, working in collaboration with the product group to build market-leading solutions for company clients around the world. You will help shape the future of the company alongside a smart and eager technical community with diverse expertise and interests.
Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Contribute to the design and development of software components within an agreed timeframe and defined quality standard
- Resolve issues, defects and queries raised at any phase of development or production in a timely and professional manner
- Conduct quality reviews of own deliverables and deliverables from peers and junior members of the development community
- Provide estimates on technical development tasks
- Report progress regularly, escalating matters as appropriate
- Mentor and coach more junior members of staff
- Support the client
- Build knowledge of development processes, protocols, methods and tools
- Build knowledge of the clients' technical environment
- Build knowledge of the clients' business in relation to company products
- Build knowledge of company products
- Build relevant product market knowledge
- Educated to technical degree level or equivalent experience
- Commercial experience of a project through the life cycle of development and into production
- Commercial experience of developing applications in a .NET environment
- Mentoring of Junior and graduate members of a development team
- Knowledge and commercial experience of developing within an object-oriented development environment and/or service-oriented architectures
- Knowledge of source control, release management, testing and task management, working within a team environment (including application life cycle management)
- Working towards (or already possess) professional certification such as Microsoft Certified Solution Developer or similar
- Commercial experience of C#, ASP.NET (MVC and/or Web Forms)
- Commercial experience of WCF, Web Services and XML
- Experience of SQL Server (2008 or later) or other RDBMS
- Experience of Stored Procedures, T-SQL.
Core Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- You are a problem-solver with good people and communication skills, able to work with people from a range of roles, both internal and external.
- You have good listening and interpreting skills, with the ability to remain objective
- You have good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels in a robust but diplomatic manner
- You have good influencing skills.
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- You are an analytical thinker, with a logical approach to solutions and problem solving
- You are able to work well under pressure and manage own time appropriately
- You are able to work well on an individual basis and within a team
- You are able to seek appropriate support from developer community / supporting peers
- You are self-motivated, proactive with a positive attitude
- You are flexible in your approach and mind-set.
- Build understanding of regulation requirements relating to relevant products.
Why work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Global opportunities
- Casual dress, flexible work policy
- Access to learning and development programs
- Health Benefits including Private Medical Insurance
- 3 days' leave per year for charity initiatives
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Profit Share Plan
- Up to 26 weeks' paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.
If you would like to be considered, please apply with the updated version of your CV today. All aplicants with relevant skillset will be contacted within 24 hours.