Operations & Project Manager - Water
We are the world leader in environmental and food testing, offering an exciting opportunity as a Operations & Project Manager - Waterto join our expanding team based in Camberley or Wolverhampton and be part of our growing business.
This role can be based at Wolverhampton or Camberley but you will be required to travel across 4 Waters sites - Camberley, Wolverhampton, Grimsby and Livingston.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
A role at Eurofins is all about team work and working towards a common goal to ensure the health and safety of us all.
- Oversee the operations of the Water Laboratories within Eurofins Water Hygiene Testing UK Limited, providing support and advice for the Laboratory Managers and General Manager
- Manage & deliver key projects within the Water Business to drive continuous improvement and cost efficiencies. Including but not limited to implementation of IT changes, on-boarding of large national accounts, technical/method changes across the laboratories.
- Work with the logistics team to ensure the sample collection distribution is organised efficiently, meets client requirements and is cost effective
- Work with the Sales and Customer Service Team to deliver exemplary customer service and grow the business in accordance with the business strategy
- Act as deputy for the General Manager - Waters
- Support the Laboratory Managers across all Water Testing sites to ensure standardisation of processes, monitoring of operational KPIs and continuous improvement
- Work to an agreed plan to improve operational efficiency and deliver demonstrable cost savings while maintaining all quality and H&S KPI's
- Work with the Quality & Technical Manager, Laboratory Managers and General Manager to ensure laboratories are compliant with 17025 and Quality Manual, SOPs, Methods, IQC and EQA are adhered to
- Support the Laboratory, Technical and Quality teams to resolve technical/quality issues across sites and to ensure best practice is adopted and ongoing improvement in terms of quality is achieved
- Ensure all reasonable steps are taken across sites to achieve accuracy, reliability and repeatability of test results
- Reinforce sustainable H&S culture, driving continuous improvement and ensuring legal compliance
- Work alongside the General Manager to achieve annual targets set by H&S for Hazard Reporting, COSHH Assessments, Risk Assessments and the general safe operation within the Water's Business
- Set and deliver exceptional customer service performance measures, proactively seeking feedback and addressing underperforming areas
- Maintain/establish effective relationships with existing and potential clients. Ensure timely customer updates and customer needs are met
- Keep up to date with current techniques, topics and legislation in order to advise Eurofins and its customers on accurate implementation of their requirements
- Meet business financial targets and agree accurate and deliverable forecasts including ongoing process efficiency and cost control.
- Exercise a sound commercial and financial awareness, understand costing and pricing for water testing and assist sales team by providing information for commercial proposals for clients
- Work with the General Manager and the relevant Key Accounts/Business Development Managers in driving the growth of the Water Business through the implementation of the business plan
What We Are Looking For
Alongside qualifications and experience, we look for people who believe in what we believe in. People who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team who provide "results that matter"inestablishing the safety, composition, authenticity and origin of our food and water.
- Educated to a good general standard including English and Maths.
- Relevant qualification in Scientific discipline with direct experience of relevant techniques
- Practical knowledge of commercial laboratory operation
- Practical knowledge of water industry operations in relation to their specialist area of work.
- Solid understanding of KPIs, Metrics, processes in order to drive continuous improvement
- Excellent operational experience gained within a working environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Microbiology analysis.
- You will be a strong leader with vision, values and standards and capability of inspiring and leading teams
- Ability to be able to review performance, evaluate problems and use a range of techniques to identify an improvement or solutions
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present and discuss proposals to client and to provide clear, concise and technical instructions to staff
- Motivational style of management to work with all staff at all levels to inspire, develop, support and maintain a positive 'team working' culture
Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories with over EUR 3 billion annual sales and over 30,000 employees with a network of 400 laboratories in 42 countries.
Eurofins has a network of 16 sites in the UK and the Group provides an unparalleled range of over 150,000 reliable and validated analytical methods and support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer product industries, and to governments.
Operations & Project Manager - Water
Location: Camberley or Wolverhampton