Service & Installation Technician
CASCO Pet is a global business specialising in pet and aquatic shop fitting and revolutionary veterinary clinical housing with manufacturing and sales operations around the world. We are proud of our reputation for innovative and flexible designs which place us as the market leader in the pet and veterinary industry. Our sales ambition is matched by the highest commitment to customer service.
We are looking for a flexible and reliable individual, determined and committed to complete each job to the highest standard and on time. The role requires high attention to detail, and the aptitude to build excellent relationships with clients internal and external.
Job description: Attend job sites to provide new system Installation and/or support for CASCO maintenance clients, as well as ensuring that client's personnel receive comprehensive training as required.
- Attend sites as instructed to carry out installation of CASCO Pet equipment.
- Be responsible for Health and Safety of yourself and site. PPE must be worn at all times on site without exception.
- Keep Service Field Manager informed of any problems onsite or of any discrepancies.
- Responsible for ensuring all aspects of the Installation process are completed to the correct standards.
- Produce high quality work in all areas of responsibility within agreed timescales
- Undertaking planned preventative maintenance activities as per maintenance schedules, ensuring that you sign in at all service locations prior to commencing your work.
- Undertaking reactive breakdown repair - Working to determine root cause.
- The service operation is clearly defined on the relevant paperwork; however, your support to stores must go beyond filling out forms. Whenever possible make the Store Manager is aware of any husbandry problems and give practical examples, i.e. clean the algae on the inside of some tanks to illustrate what they should look like. Clean filtration sumps and filter areas of boxes and clutter.
- Ensure parts in service vans are kept an adequate level to ensure that service can be completed when scheduled. Keep track of what's been used and notify the Helpdesk team when parts are running low.
- Keep your company vehicle clean at all times, inside and out. All vehicles are no smoking areas.
- Cover the emergency pager when on Rota. Ensure that when you are responsible for the pager that you are able to attend call outs when required.
- Be prepared to work in warehouse on production lines should it be required.
- Feedback to production any ideas / issues.
- Travel required (Europe and Rest of the World - weekend travel sometime necessary to be able to arrive on site when required).
- Work the hours required to ensure the job gets done within the set deadlines.
- Lead by example
- Generating and implementing continuous improvement ideas
- Take ownership of and endeavour to resolve all customer issues.
Qualification & Experience
- Experience in the animal (pet or vet) industry would be an advantage
- Overall knowledge of electrical, and plumbing installations
- Excellent DIY skills
- Required full clean driving licence
- Required secondary education
- Highly customer focused with excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills as the role involves describing and explaining in a suitable manner technical aspect of CASCO products
- Self-driven with positive outlook and a desire to succeed
- Exceptional customer service
- Ability to work often under pressure with the aptitude to multi-task
- Good writing and arithmetic skills required
- Very high-quality standards
- Good problem-solving skills
- Due to the diverse markets that CASCO operate in additional languages would be an advantage
- Logical and methodical and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to effectively adapt to change
- Prepared for all aspects of labour including manual lifting
- Flexible approach to working hours and comfortable with overnight stays on a weekly basis
- Reliable and flexible
- Punctual and organised
- Team working skills
- Self-starter, enthusiastic, energetic, confident
- Approachable and able to effectively build rapport with a diverse range of people
- Determination and commitment to completing each job to the highest standard and on time
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Company bonus subject to achieving annual target
- Company vehicle provided with tools
- Company iPad and mobile
- Auto-enrolment Pension
- Wellness Health scheme