An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer to join this leading UK manufacturing company based in Coventry due to on going growth and development of it's products.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, it will be the role of Manufacturing Engineer to be responsible for successful introduction of new product processes and continual improvements to existing processes within the plant. Other responsibilities include:
- To ensure the continued efficient production of the product by monitoring and modifying the production process and dealing with short term issues.
- Work with the Development Engineers and Product Manager to establish the specification for the product, part or assembly.
- Carry out line trials, throughout the development stage up to component verification and within the established process to validate process and product changes
- Work with the Quality Department to ensure accurate and timely measurements within the ISIR process
- Collate and present statistical test data and interpret data to derive results and ongoing improvements as and when required supervision of Production employees
- Liaise with Manufacturing Manager to ensure process updates are verified for training purposes
- Responsible for writing / updating Work Instructions and implementation of processes into Production
- Awareness of Health and Safety considerations and ability to carry out Risk Assessments
- Ensure relevant training is completed with Production staff for process changes and all relevant paperwork completed
- Manage the inter relationships with contractors where required
- Work with Quality, Production, Purchasing and Logistics to identify and resolve production issues
- Apply production engineering and continuous improvement techniques to maintain and improve production efficiency
- Drive efficiencies through continuous line improvements to increase output, reduce costs and waste
- Design and manufacture of Jigs and Fixtures
- Plant layout and design drawings
The successful applicant for the position of Manufacturing Engineer with have experience of working as a Production Engineer/Manufacturing Engineer or similar within an engineering or manufacturing environment. You will need to have good core hands on engineering skills as well as the ability to lead projects including improvement activities.
- Life Assurance
- 33 Holidays
- 12.30pm Finish on Friday
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85672806