Support Worker Learning Disabilities
Black Country Care is the health and care division of Black Country Housing. Black Country Care provides affordable health services to vulnerable people in their own homes as well as our own properties in the Birmingham and Black Country area. Black Country Housing Group is a Top 100 Not-for-profit company to work for.
We are seeking Support Workers to work in our specially adapted homes for people with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
As a Support Worker, you will be required to support the independent living of our clients by escorting them during the day, supporting them with domestic duties as well as personal care.
You will be required to be flexible to work with our clients, some of who require support throughout the day and night.
Key tasks include providing personal care, food preparation, domestic tasks such as laundry, as well as supporting people to manage their finances.
To fulfill this role you will need to:
- ideally have some experience of providing care to vulnerable people
- have a caring and compassionate disposition
- be willing and flexible to work unsociable hours as required and sometimes at short notice
- ideally have NVQ Level 2 in Adult Health and Social Care
- possess a full UK driving licence
- Multiple positions available across our Supported Living schemes in Quarry Bank, Brockmoor and Coseley
- 16-24 hours per week available
- Permanent contracts offered
- Recruiting for both male and female workers
- Shifts are on a rota basis which include evenings, weekends, sleep-ins and nights
- £8.03 / £8.18 per hour, depending on qualification
- Opportunity for overtime
- The post holder will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring service check
- The post holder will be subject to a six month probationary period
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85790410