Learning Support Assistant for SEMH School South Stoke on Trent
Learning Support Assistants/Support Workers to support pupils with SEMH difficulties. The pupils demonstrate difficulties in regulating their emotions and with social interaction; and may experience mental health problems. This is a temporary contract, with flexible hours available Monday-Friday, as requiredm depending on candidate availability.
* Supporting pupils in the classroom or on a 1:1 basis
* Supervising children in & out of the classroom
* Encourage and support the pupils learning and life-skills
* Helping the teacher prepare for lessons
We would like to hear from you if you have a passion for inspiring pupils with learning difficulties or with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. Are you committed in differentiating and adapting learning methods to suit the individual needs of pupils?
What will the role involve?
- Offer 1:1 learning support
- Able to hold student attention and focus with excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective behaviour management skills
- Passionate in work with pupils to overcome barriers to learning and to help students to experience success
- A positive and nurturing attitude
- 1 Year+ experience of working with children or adolescents with challenging behaviour
In return, the following benefits apply:
- A friendly and knowledgeable dedicated 'SEND' consultant
- *Access to our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Pay rate between GBP8.50-GBP11.00/hour depending on experience
- Short and Long Term assignments
- We work with a large number of schools and learning provisions within Stoke-on-Trent and so able to offer a range of roles
If you are interested in this role - apply now.
Our friendly team are on hand to answer any questions, please call Lisa for an informal chat to discuss this opportunity further on or email your CV to
*A refer a friend bonus of GBP125 for each Teacher or Teaching Assistant you refer to us *payable once they have worked 20 days)