Welding and Fabrication Team Leader
Welding and Fabrication Team Leader, Stoke on Trent, Manufacturing
The Company, a subsidiary of a larger leading company, is a growing power in its market here in the UK and increasingly, around the world. For more than half a century, the Company has hauled freight and passengers, powered ships, and generated electricity for over 100 countries around the globe. Becoming a part of the Company means becoming a part of a challenging and bright future in their global marketplace.
To manage the welding and fabrication team to ensure that all production deadlines are met and that all relevant standards are maintained. Engage with and develop the team to meet the demands of all new work streams. Document and evidence all work completed by the team and ensure this is available on the company drives if required for audit purposes. To manage any underperformance or behavioural issues by following the Company disciplinary policy. To work with the Depot Manager to create a world class rail depot in appearance and quality of workmanship.
- Responsible for the day to day line management of Fabricators / Welders and Apprentices in your team.
- Coach, mentor and lead your team creating a culture of continuous improvement to increase efficiency
- Ensure that safety and housekeeping standards within the workshop are maintained throughout the shift
- Manage all welding and fabrication personnel including contractors
- Recruitment and training of welding operators
- Supervise NDT and inspection procedures
- Manage calibration of all welding, compressed gas and NDT equipment
- Define welding equipment requirements and source using Company supply chain
- Prepare welding procedures, qualification plans and advise on material issues
- Prepare and update SOP's & welding procedures
- Carry out inspections, spot checks, final inspections to ensure the welding standards are maintained
- To generate, approve and maintain weld and NDT procedures, welder & NDT operator qualifications in accordance with relevant specifications
- Act as a liaison between the welding department and production supervisors to ensure all deadlines are met
- Provide technical expertise on all welding matters as required in line with daily activities as well as specific projects.
- To provide knowledge to assist with preparing quotations and bids for work.
- Providing quality shift handover information to ensure minimal disruption.
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday Morning and afternoon shifts (no weekend or night work)
Salary: GBPCompetitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to the following: Welders Fabrication, Engineering Steel Welders, Steel Fabricators, Steel Engineers, Team Leader, Supervisor, Manager, Section Leader, Manufacturing, Production, Manufacturer, Rail Industry, Railway, Locomotive, Mill, Crewe, Stafford, Market Drayton, Staffordshire, Northwich, Derby, Cannock