Anti-Money Laundering Manager
Our client is a well-established, award-winning and widely respected Legal Firm in the local area and due to continued growth in their Compliance and Risk Team, they are looking to acquire the services of an Anti-Money Laundering Manager to support their compliance specifically within this remit. This is a newly created role and is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who has worked within a legal environment in a Compliance and Risk role where they have experienced exposure to AML. The role will work with new business acceptance and wider compliance issues and will report into the Risk & Compliance Director.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the firm's anti-money laundering policies and procedures.
- Complete new client checks including monitoring client data held, investigating company ownership and carrying out risk assessments.
- Manage documentation obtained to verify clients and keep database up-to-date.
- Proactively monitor status of anti-money laundering checks and assist the team to ensure all checks are completed in good time.
- Assist with sanctions checks.
- Assist with the execution of projects across the team.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the firm's conflicts policy.
- Assist the team in carrying out conflicts checks, reviewing activity reports and managing screening processes.
- Analysing and resolving professional, legal, regulatory and commercial issues relating to business acceptance and client engagement.
- Monitoring changes in practice, professional rules, regulations and the law as affects AML and Sanctions globally so that these can be reflected in the business acceptance process.
- Assist and support the Director of Risk & Compliance in ensuring that the firm's policy and procedure are compatible with the Anti-Money Laundering Directive and other current and future applicable legislation.
- Deal with queries or issues in relation to a new or current Matter which involve Sanctions or AML, relating to professional and legal conflicts issues, business conflicts and other commercial issues.
- Assisting in the design, implementation and delivery of training presentations and other development programmes for solicitors and support departments regarding Client Suitability, AML and Sanctions.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of Anti-Money Laundering within a Law Firm is essential.
- Strong experience within compliance, legal conflicts management or risk.
- A good understanding SRA Code of Conduct and Anti-Money Laundering Regulations.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to establish close working relationship with all stakeholders.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please click apply. If you would like to learn more, please contact Joanna Middleton for a discrete and confidential discussion about your suitability for this role on .