Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Finance Manager, Permanent, Leamington Spa, Up to GBP35,000 plus outstanding benefits! Apply now!
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are working on an exclusive basis with this SME in Leamington Spa, to recruit for an Assistant Finance Manager. Reporting into the Financial Controller, this role forms part of the Finance team and will take day to day responsibility for the Accounts Payable function and month end reporting for a newly acquired subsidiary in the UK, as well as supporting the main UK accounts function. The role requires the individual to be forward thinking, assertive with a high attention to detail to provide high quality financial support to the organisation. It is a small team therefore this role offers variety and scope. The role has a strong focus on accounts payable and month end reporting.
Your new role
- Perform monthly payment runs.
- Raising Purchase Orders.
- Input supplier invoices into Netsuite.
- Weekly reconciliation of company bank accounts.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Reporting and analysis.
- Prepare post close analysis for management review.
- Promote efficiency within the financial reporting process
- Support management team with ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting.
- Assist in the completion and submission of corporate reporting such as cash flow projections and variance analysis.
- Participate in Company's consolidated audit and control compliance processes.
- Work closely with operations, tax, and external auditors as needed.
- Prepare support documentation for external audit reviews.
- Ensure adherence to corporate accounting policies and controls.
- Ensure compliance to standard accounting principles and practices under local and USGAAP
- Assist in implementing an effective internal controls environment
- Maintain fixed asset records and conduct fixed asset audits as required.
- Provide cover for finance team members during periods of absence/annual leave.
- Process of employee payable and corporate expense claims.
- Maintenance of company credit cards.
What you'll need to succeed
You must have some experience of Netsuite, and ideally an understanding of VAT calculations and reporting. Experience of Sage 300 is desirable, along with experience of audit compliance, internal and external audits. You will have the ability to manage multiple work streams and keep to deadlines. You will be self-motivating with strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to embrace change. USGAAP knowledge is advantageous.
What you'll get in return
Starting salary is GBP30,000 - GBP35,000, plus outstanding benefits, including (up to) 10% bonus, 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, plus Christmas shut down, 10% Pension, Private Healthcare and lifestyle benefits. The Standard working hours are 40 per week, flexible working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.