Plant Controller - GBP 70,000 - GBP 75,000 plus Car Allowance and Excellen
Our client based in Coleshill are looking to recruit a Plant Controller to join a very successful company.
- Full Financial Responsibility for the Plant Facility
- To be a professional, proactive, and productive representative of the Finance Team
- Support Plant Manager & Team Financially to drive improvement
Maintain & improvement Corporate governance within the plant in line with company policy
Scope of Job
- Manage Plant Finance Team of 4 (Inclusive of Plant Purchasing resource)
- All Plant monthly & quarterly financial reporting directly into Group Controller where necessary, to ensure accuracy and completeness of all results submitted.
- Monitor key performance measures against agreed targets and detail as part of monthly reviews
- Attend Plant Management meetings
- Support shared service to manage AR & ACP systems/process for the plant
- Drive focus on key measurable - Scrap, program profitability, cost management, working capital management etc
- Financial lead for government backed project to ensure correct accounting treatment & suitable process controls
- Managing the monthly Sales analysis ensuring all sales and associated sales are reported accurately in ERP system.
- Act as facilitator for Financial queries generating reports/ correspondence, delegating where necessary.
- Acting as interface to external auditors, managing all aspects of audits as required
- Generating Budget / Forecasting information as required with load into One Stream
- Provide detailed Weekly/monthly. quarterly variance analysis against target identifying key drivers
- Cultivate excellent relationship with Functional/Global support teams to ensure alignment o business objectives.
- Support stock take with variance analysis to identify key loss drivers
- Work with KPMG to ensure Yearend Audit compliance
- Ensure standard costs correct./ Plant Costing / Participate in costing and RFQ process where required
- Analysis of Financial data where required to identify improvement opportunities. Working closely with the senior operations management team & contributing to management of Costing & Improvement programs
- Encourage and maintain functional accountability to achieve agreed targets
- Sales Forecast reports in an accurate and timely manner as required.
- Proactively developing and improving Finance department with the aim of ensuring the financial department can meet/exceed the required results.
- Conduct appraisals for direct reports, setting and cascading both individual and departmental objectives and targets.
- Managing all aspects of personnel duties within the department- including, but not limited to: disciplinary, personnel issues, performance, absenteeism, pay reviews.
- Monitor, measure and drive for improvements in Key Objectives and targets set, both departmental and company. Also following and maintaining sound EH&S practices.
- Conduct and present investment proposals to secure investment, thereafter ensure project costs adhered and payback delivered
- Monitor and highlight Foreign Currency movements & effect and highlight issues to senior management recommending potential actions
- Qualified Accountant with experience in high volume (preferably automotive) manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of SOX applications & requirements -preferable.
- Previous financial management experience within similar industry & scale of operations.
- Educated to high level, Degree qualified - desirable
Monday to Thursday - 8:30 am - 5:15 pm - Friday 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
GBP 70,000 - GBP 75,00 basic plus GBP 4,800 Car Allowance
25 days holiday
Please note; due to the high volume of CV's we receive if you have not had a response to your application within 5 working days please assume on this occasion you have not been successful