Our client have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join their growing team based in Rugby.
Job Title: Support Worker
Salary: £8.21 per hour + benefits
Are you looking for a rewarding career, that makes a different to people’s lives?
Perhaps you fancy a career change, or want to get out of the typical 9-5 job?
A role as a Support Worker for our client could be the role for you!
With over 33 Services covering the UK, they are one of the most trusted Supported Living companies. They support adults with either learning/physical disabilities/mental health etc. to live independently in their own communities.
This is such an exciting position, as no two days are the same. You will be supporting individuals with things in everyday life, that could be anything from a day at home to a holiday!
Support Worker - Key Responsibilities
- Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them
- Provide individuals with support when needed whilst maintaining a person-centred approach with all aspects of individuals’ support, adapting to their different individual needs
- Support individuals to participate in their chosen activities and to access other services and facilities within their community
- Support individuals to manage their medication responsibly as required
- Support individuals to maintain a clean and safe environment
- Be respectful to individuals at all times, promoting their dignity, privacy and individuality, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained
- Work as a member of a team
- Provide personal care if part of agreed support plan
- Accurately report and record any incidents and accidents to the appropriate persons
All sounds good doesn’t it? So what will you need to step into this exciting career?
- Must be supportive
- Have a calm and tolerant approach
- Empathy is essential
- Must to able to be supportive
- Must be positive and responsive
- Caring and compassionate
- Must be able to work a variation of different shifts, which will include some weekends and bank holidays.
Support Worker – Benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Workplace pension scheme
- Westfield Health Cash Back Scheme
- Induction programme including paid time to attend
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Opportunities to develop through their Aspire programmes such as their Leadership Development Programme and Boot Camps
- 5.6 weeks annual leave increasing to 6 weeks based on length of service (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Free DBS Checks
To submit your CV for this exciting Support Worker opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
This role may be relevant if you have previously worked as a Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, Social Care, Social Worker, Home Support, Child Support, Elderly Care, Adult Care, Mental Health Worker, Relief Carer, Waking Night Worker, Outreach Support, Dementia Care, Healthcare Assistant, Nurse, Nursing Assistant, Youth Worker, Project Worker.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85900047