Graduate Insurance Technician
An entry level position has arisen that would suit a graduate with an interest in pursuing a career in insurance. The role holder will be providing support to National Teams in the identification, reconcilliation and reporting of Loss Fund portfolios managed by the company as well as providing other administrative support to various departments.
Candidates will have a degree in any analytical subject.
- Identification and Reconciliation of Client Loss Fund data in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintaining Master schedules accurately (for reporting purposes)
- Creation and preparation of accurate "BrokerSchedules"
- Creation and preparation of grammatically correct, clear and concise e-mails to Brokers
- Effective liaison with all parties involved in chain to obtain repatriation of Loss Fund (if applicable) to client.
- Preparation of accurate monthly/quarterly/yearly reports of progress and issues encountered, in a timely and efficient manner.
- To represent the Company at occasional Client Meetings
- To support the Binding Authority Management and Credit Control Teams in the provision of an effective service to Davies Insurance Services Clients as required
The ideal candidate will have some experience in all classes of reinsurance as well as regulatory tools, however full training is provided. Therefore candidates should have a genuine interest in Insurance as well as a keen attitude to learn and strong analytical and IT skills with excellent communication.
- Aptitude with Figures
- Analytical and comfortable with manipulating data
- Can communicate clearly and effectively both in writing and verbally
- Organised and well presented
- Logical /Quick learner
- Persistent in investigating / problem solving skills
- Confidence to ask questions and persist in finding solutions
- Able to meet deadlines
- Can work alone but also a team player
- Microsoft /Excel /Word -Intermediate level
- Client focused, with a good ability to build rapport
- Able to travel to client sites when required, including London
- Flexibility and adaptability - the role will be diverse and there will be opportunities to learn about a wide range of business areas and clients