Cordius is looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join a well-known high street retailer in their state-of-the art distribution centre. The Distribution centre has over a million sq.ft. capacity; operates on 24/7/365 basis and is looking for a talented engineer to join their team.
Salary: GBP40,000 + Benefits
Skills: Electrical, Mechanical, Maintenance, PLC, Automation, Siemens, Warehousing
About the Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for reactively maintaining a range of automated equipment; with a specific focus on availability; you will achieve business and departmental goals / objectives through continuous improvement as part of a team based culture.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide a service, measured against departmental responsibilities, objectives and KPI's
- When required, assist with the development and implementation of an effective planned preventative maintenance programme in line with the manufacturer's recommendations ensuring compliance with all current statutory legislation.
- Undertake risk assessments in line with company requirements in relation to persons, plant, equipment, property, environment and health and safety.
- Assist with an effective fault response service, in line with business requirements, i.e. holiday cover or increase in business requirements.
- Work efficiently when carrying out routine & breakdown maintenance.
- Promote continuous improvement and change through own initiatives.
- Actively promote health and safety within the team assisting and ensuring standard activities have been assessed and have ESSOW's (Engineering Safe System of Work) written for them.
- Provide an effective fault response service to be available at all times in line with business requirements.
- Assist with forecast and control of annual budget expenditure.
- Ensure all drawings and documentation on equipment is up to date.
- Ensure all reporting, recording and administration requirements are achieved.
- Assist the Engineering team leader by ensuring the recommended and any additional spares where required are available in the stores; assist with recording and managing spares usage in line with the control and purchasing systems.
Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.