Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician
Our client is one of the UK's leading ceramic manufacturers and suppliers. Their success is based upon a reputation for excellence in quality, design and technical development of products, which are supplied to both the consumer and contract market. They are currently looking for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician to join their engineering team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, the successful applicant must demonstrate the skills and experience to:-
- Investigate, diagnose and rectify faults on highly automated process equipment such as kilns, mills, pumps, mixers, conveyor/drive systems, packaging equipment and general services support.
- Possess strong hands-on skills in mechanical and electrical disciplines such as fitting, electrical testing, welding, dismantling/rebuilding and parts replacement.
- Provide effective reactive engineering support to manufacturing plus an active involvement in a rapidly evolving PPM system.
- Ensure all relevant engineering documentation and communications are completed in a presentable and timely manner.
- Work closely and effectively with the manufacturing team to ensure the process operates in a safe and efficient manner.
- Possess a flexible and driven persona with the ability to communicate with your team and colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Participate in scheduled production meetings to ensure you understand the performance and targets of the production process and apply engineering contributions to any relevant decision making.
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate and contribute to any improvement schemes or projects through all areas of the business.
Essential Job Requirements:
- A minimum qualification of ONC/NVQ3 or equivalent in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- A recognised and relevant engineering apprenticeship qualification
- Previous industrial maintenance experience
Hours of Work:
- 12 hour shifts - days and nights on a rota
- GBP31,248.88 per annum