Part-time Accounts Administrator / Finance PA
Acota is a specialty materials company based on the Battlefield Enterprise Park in Shrewsbury. We provide high value, low volume, products to the aerospace, defence, electronics and med-tech industries.
We require a permanent part-time Accounts Administrator / PA to work with our CEO. The role will suit an experienced accounts assistant or finance PA looking for a part-time role. Flexible working hours falling within our office hours of 8.45am – 4.30pm to suit. Initially the role will be for 20 hours per week.
The role will be primarily accounts administration with an element of general administration duties to assist the CEO.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and card statements; preparation of expenses schedules;
- Purchase invoice reconciliation, entry and payment preparation;
- Overall responsibility for sales and purchase ledger accuracy and monthly reconciliation;
- Set up of sales and purchase ledger accounts including credit reference checks;
- Preparation of a monthly payments schedule;
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns;
- Preparation of monthly EC sales lists and Intrastat entries;
- Preparation and processing of monthly payroll;
- Assist in preparation of monthly management accounts and year end accounts files for external auditor;
- Ad-hoc projects to assist the CEO.
Previous experience of accounts administration necessary and familiarisation with Sage software an advantage. Good Microsoft Office and numeracy skills. Willingness to support colleagues and work as part of a multi-discipline team. Good communications skills. Professional, discrete approach to confidentiality essential.
Pay scale £ 22 – 24.5K pro-rata 35 hour week.