Are you a master of data with a passion for analysis, building controls technology, and innovation?
This role puts YOU at the heart of a BMS hub with a GBP1.4 million energy-saving potential.
Working for an award-winning modern university, you'll hone your career on the coattails of GBP200,000 worth of BMS investment in the past 18 months - and as part of the UK's first and only Total Room Automation solution.
You'll be compiling and reporting data, managing building management system software, and keeping a cool head in a busy maintenance engineering service-focused office environment.
But that's not all. You'll also be...
- Implementing cutting-edge energy-efficiency technology and innovation
- Transforming reactive maintenance into proactive anticipation and smart system solutions
- Driving a flagship smart city - a test case for the future in both the UK and Europe
- Giving thousands and thousands of university students an improved living experience
This role is for the determined and ambitious, not the easily offended or agitated. Whether you're faced with irate phone calls reporting faults or digging out the devil in the data detail, you need to assured and capable of prioritising tasks.
But alongside a close team featuring a BMS Apprentice Engineer and a Senior BMS Technician, you'll gain all the skills you need in a collaborative working environment built on internal training and career progression.
- Working for the country's top modern university - Guardian University Guide 2019
- Stability, with excellent potential for career progression
- A not-for-profit charity - funding goes directly into innovation and training
- Establishing a career in a dynamic and evolving line of work and technology
- A central city location, with shops, bars, cafes, public transport and accommodation all close by
- 28 days' annual leave, with bank holidays on top
- Public sector contributory pension
- Annual salary increase based on training and performance
- Financial support towards vocational and academic qualifications
We're Looking For...
- Experience compiling reports and presenting data; for example, plot graphs and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel
- Building management system (BMS) and/or Computer-aided Facilities Management (CAFM) software knowledge
- Exposure to a busy, customer service focused engineering or office environment
- A strong character - the ability to prioritise work, take ownership, and say "no" when required
- NVQ and/or A-level qualifications - or, even better, an HNC/HND in mechanical engineering
Please submit an up-to-date CV. Recart is advertising on behalf of the employer.
When you click apply, you will receive an email from the employer.
To confirm your interest and be considered for this position, you must reply to the email and answer the questions.
This advert is being managed by Recart and its client partners. Your data will be held in a responsible fashion, subject to GDPR legislation. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU. Your data will be held and processed by Recart and/or its clients and suppliers. You will only be contacted directly by the employer.