Senior Software Engineer with DDS
* Contribute to all stages in the specification, design, development, integration, test and certification, fielding and support of DDS based software, following a rigorous engineering lifecycle.
* Interact with other engineers working in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver customer solutions.
* Provide training and support on the solutions provided.
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required
* A thorough understanding of DDS (preferably RTI)including real-time Quality of Service (QoS), and the Interface Definition Language (IDL), Record, Replay and persistence
* Experience of architecting, designing and implementing DDS based solutions in software.
* Ability to develop in C++ and Java.
* Experience of developing on Linux operating systems.
* Experience of working in a rigorous engineering environment using configuration management and change management processes and tools.
* Experience using software design, development environment and test tools such as Enterprise Architect, Visual Studio, etc.
* Experience of designing software using UML.
* Degree in a computer science, engineering or maths subject or demonstrable equivalent experience
* Excellent verbal and written technical English communications skills.
* Experience of developing real-time software
* Experience of developing embedded systems
* Experience of using RTI DDS versions 5.3.0 and 4.2e
* Experience of developing on Ubuntu Linux 16.04
* Experience of using Linux Containers
* Knowledge and experience of the Common Data Representation (CDR)
* Implementing to applicable coding standards.
* High assurance software development (security).
* Experience of working across both Local Area and Wide Area Networks.
* Knowledge and experience of networking protocols TCP/IP, UDP/IP, Routers and Firewalls
< Behavioral Requirements
* Self-starter, shows initiative
* Offers solutions to problems
* Enthusiastic team player
* Driven to deliver great results
* Strong risk awareness
* Quality conscious
* Able to follow processes and procedures