Site Operations Manager (E-Commerce Distribution)
Site Operations Manager (E-Commerce)
(Warehousing and Distribution)
£45k - £55k plus Comprehensive Benefits, Bonus and Package
Applications will be taken on experience as this is a newly created role in a rapidly expanding online retail business, establishing a global footprint
Our client is one of the largest category retail leaders in the UK with several million customers shopping with them across 30 countries all over the world. They are growing at a rapid rate and due to this sustained business expansion, there is an immediate requirement for a newly created senior operations role, to lead a large distribution and warehousing centre.
Reporting to the Operations Director and based in Herefordshire, you will lead a growing workforce of 200 warehousing, despatch and distribution workers via your established management team, leading almost a 1000 at peak retail sales periods.
You will create the strategic direction for the site translating this in to a working operational plan to create a 'best in class' warehousing and distribution operation. Leading all DC & Logistics activity, including the receiving, warehousing and delivery, meeting and exceeding customer expectations and department cost objectives. The Operations Manager (Warehousing and Fulfilment) is responsible for the effective day-to-day planning and management of staff and processes across the shifts in the Warehouse to ensure the consistent achievement of the order processing, quality and efficiency targets.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the leadership of the Distribution Centre, managing peak planning and execution
- Management of the DC for a growing e-commerce business - predominantly Warehouse operations, Inventory Control & Returns
- Setting, Maintaining and monitoring all warehouse KPI's
- Proactively manage the output of the DC and other improvement initiatives to deliver proposed improvements and associated savings in efficiency and cost
- Identifying and delivering cost saving opportunities and taking ownership to deliver
- Managing talent management processes through recruitment, training and performance management of your LARGE teams
- Leading strategic warehouse planning and implement new design flows
- Driving the operations strategic and tactical continuous improvement plans with full budgetary responsibility for all aspects of the Distribution Centre
- Resource planning across the Distribution Centre
Does this sound like you?
- Middle/senior management experience in a fast-paced warehousing distribution centre, e-Commerce distribution is preferred
- Ideally graduate calibre with a proven track record of engaging and motivating teams in supply chain fulfilment
- Offering a hands-on leadership style, with extensive experience in people management
- Ideally you will have some change management experience and knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems and automation
- Able to make clear and clinical decisions based on data and factual evidence in a fast moving, high pressure environment.
- Able to identify talent and develop staff
- Retailer service provider through e-comm would be great of course, but its more about your ability to manage in an ever-changing environment, SKU variability is huge! FMCG, manual and semi-automated packaging and or movement of consumer goods is a key requirement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86121205