Contract: 6 months (potential extension)
Rate: Weekdays GBP15-19p/h Weekends GBP22-26p/h
My client is looking for a Panel Wireman. They manufacture and supply from their UK plant Induction Melting and Automatic Pouring products to countries in Europe.
The job purpose of the Panel Wireman:
- The purpose of this position is to ensure that machines are built to bespoke specification, with a high-quality standard all within agreed build time.
- It is primarily to manufacture large industrial panels by assembly of Capacitors / Inductors / Transformers and Control wiring from schematic drawings.
Responsibilities of the Panel Wireman include:
- Read, interpret and work from schematic / engineering drawings / instructions from engineers and other team members to assemble components as required.
- Building panels involves drilling, tapping back plates and putting in trunking.
- Wiring panels involves crimping, soldering, terminating and stripping down wires.
- Maintain safe working practices (clean and organised work environment adhering to Health and Safety regulations).
- Adhere to quality control procedures.
- Report quality, process, and equipment problems to their Supervisor.
- Makes own set-ups, alignments and adjustments maintaining tolerance in accordance with instructions.
- Complete daily production logs and process paperwork / documentation.
Additional Requirements for the Panel Wireman:
- The ability to work to a shift pattern, at times of peak demand.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is dexterity.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must be able to lift components.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, colour vision, and ability to adjust focus.
If you are interested in this opportunity for the position of Panel Wireman and have the qualities and experience for the role, then please call Devan Banton Premier Engineering or apply now with your updated CV.