Production Team Leader
Production Team Leader
Circa GBP27,840 per annum
Our valued client is looking to expand their team. This position is for the first line supervision of shop floor production activities, involving leading and motivating a team of Production/ Machine Operators to meet the Production Department goals and KPI's.
This position will need to work closely with both the Production Department's management and Maintenance Department Engineers to ensure the smooth, day-to-day running of the factory. A key aspect of this role includes creating a culture of continual improvement, everyone striving to improve production efficiency, reduce production costs and improve quality throughout.
- Organisation of raw materials and work in progress within the production factory
- Allocation of production staff according to their skills and competences to maximize efficient operation of production equipment
- Supervision of staff in the safe and efficient operation of all plant and machinery
- Ensuring that daily equipment inspections and routine maintenance are carried out and ensuring that such work has been carried out correctly
- Participation in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all production equipment; and ensuring that all production operations are carried out in accordance with the relevant SOPs
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all production paperwork; identifying errors and working with the staff to address paperwork issues to overcome likelihood of future errors;
- Ensuring the Company ERP system is accurately maintained by relocating and making adjustments to stock as it is processed through the Production Department
- Produce daily reports from the Company ERP system relating to stock moments and material input and output figures
- Communicating productivity targets, monitor production performance against targets and taking appropriate remedial action within your remit to support the achievement of the targets;
- Communicating effectively between of the Production Management group including, but not limited to, ensuring daily shift reports on production activity are compiled and effective to the oncoming shift
- Ensuring product quality standards are communicated and achieved and raising quality issues where appropriate
- Ensuring that housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Performance management of the production staff including but not limited to undertaking first-level absence and timekeeping management
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in a safe manner-identify potential safety, health or environmental hazards, initiate appropriate action to address any immediate hazards, advise and work with the Production Supervisors and EHS staff to ensure that potential hazards are addressed;
- Participation in accident and incident investigations and identification and implementation of correct actions.
Minimum Previous Experience
- Previous experience of working in a production environment, with a proven track record in a team leader or higher-level role
- Commercial awareness-understands the need to meet customer delivery and quality requirements, without comprising safety, health or environmental protection;
- Experience of working in a production environment under an ISO 9001 compliant quality management system would be an advantage.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving-ability to logically analyse problems, develop potential solutions and recommend and justify the appropriate remedial action
- People management-ability to effectively manage both individuals and small teams
- Familiar and competent in the use of Excel and Word
The following would be advantageous but not essential;
- First aid qualification
- IOSH qualification
- Forklift Truck license
Please note:- For this role you will require to work days, nights and weekends. Throughout the shift pattern. If this is not suitable, please refrain from applying.