Operations / Production Manager
Gap personnel are operating as an employment agency currently recruiting for a Cold Draw Business Manager with a strong production and manufacturing background.
Job Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am-5pm (flexibility required)
You will Manage, direct and co-ordinate the overall activities of the department ensuring that Key Performance Indicators of Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost are met. You will be responsible for running the department on your own in a very fast paced and high volume environment.
1. Maintains strict observance of safe working practices within the plant.
2. Manages, directs and co-ordinates the overall activities of the department including assigned staff and hourly-rated personnel, resources and the application of manufacturing and general Company policies necessary to promote and improve the general standards and productivity in his area of responsibility and ensures that :
(a) Production programmes are met making optimum use of the various resources, including approved outwork, to achieve or better production delivery targets and maintaining close co-operation between sections under his control and Production Control groups in respect of progress achieved and problems arising and in providing them with current data, which meets with his approval, as the basis for immediate and future schedules.
(b) Quality standards are maintained; production processes are carried out according to established procedures or authorised deviations and that development work is carried out to improve such procedures.
(c) Efficient communications are maintained for reporting and disseminating information and that all activities are adequately documented.
(d) Operator performance and production plant performances are continually improved, quarter on quarter.
(e) Appropriate standards are set for operating and product costs, variances are reviewed accordingly and corrective action taken, where necessary.
3. Initiates investigations by requesting the support of and conducting liaison with the various Service Departments in, for example, establishing, maintaining and improving methods, plant and facilities layouts; cost, quality and performance standards; economic sources of supplies; Company control and data systems and in resolving technical and operating problems or identifying training needs. Approves, endorses and/or submits subsequent recommendations and is responsible for agreed actions within the department.
4. Conducts liaison with appropriate persons including for example, conferring with suppliers and establishing, in conjunction with Supply and Technical departments, suitable outworkers, visiting their premises and negotiating cost, quality and delivery. Assumes responsibility for ensuing production work and monitoring performance of those selected.
5. Exercises overall responsibility for assigned staff and hourly-rated personnel; their on-the-job training, safety, morale, discipline, selection and promotion. Submits recommendations on labour and staff complements taking account of present and future Company plans. Decides, recommends or, where necessary, seeks advice on the extent of disciplinary action required within the framework of Company policy and practice, and legislation.
6. Maintains strict observance to such departmental aspects as, working conditions and safe working practices together with office and shop floor housekeeping.
7. Recommends to higher management and implements after approval new concepts which have potential in the production environment or any measures for improving productivity and reducing costs.
8. Implements Company HR policies and agreements with trade unions in his area of responsibility, consulting with HR Department and higher management as necessary; is involved in discussion and review from time to time of the effectiveness of such policies and agreements and offers suggestions for possible changes.
9. May be required to attend at the plant outside normal working hours.
* Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Ideally degree in relevant experience
* Proven experience in a managerial role within a high volume production environment within an 'Engineering / Aerospace background'
* Minimum - 5 years management experience
* Proven leadership of teams to achieve and surpass set targets
* Organisational skills
* Confident decision-making ability
* Excellent communication skills
* significant interpersonal skills
* willingness to adapt and develop within the role and must have high levels of future role potential.
Closing date is 17th May 2019
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future