Working with a well-known Air Conditioning company who operate around the whole of the Uk but are based in Hereford. They complete all aspect of the Air Conditioning form Design to Installation to Servicing.
We are looking for an Estimator to operate from Hereford office. As an Estimator you will need to have a good understanding of HVAC systems and how to quote for works on different commercial, industrial and domestic sites. The role will involve being out and about meeting clients and working to deadlines
Key Responsibilities – Estimator
- Undertake the preparation and processing of quotations, bids
- Prepare Supplier and Sub-contractor enquiries, scrutinise quotations and undertake selection process.
- Produce bills of quantities, schedules of work and contractors proposal documents to support bids.
- Assess material, labour and plant requirements in compilation of the tender.
- Produce breakdowns, substantiation and undertake value engineering process to meet client budgetary requirements
- Liaise with Operational Offices, Architects, Engineers, Sub-contractors, Suppliers and the Client to establish the project specification, preliminary requirements, risk provision and exclusions.
- Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary.
- Ensure all contract documentation is representative of offer and reports, cost data and supporting information is accurate and made available at the appropriate time.
- Maintain records and filing of information relating to submitted tenders.
- Review unsuccessful bids, client and operational feedback on contracts delivered to improve accuracy of future tenders.
- Assess commercial and operational risks associated with tenders.
- Carry out handover meetings for successful bids to Project Managers
- Must have experience in an Estimator role
- Have a good understanding of HVAC systems
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
- Causeway estimating software experience desirable
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence