Technical Support Advisor
Technical Support Advisor - Kingswinford
Our client, a leading Energy Provider is seeking a Technical Support Advisor to join their existing Field Support team in their Kingswinford office. You'll initially work for Manpower on a temporary ongoing basis with the potential for our client to make you permanent at a later date. It is a great place to work; the culture is very open, people are genuinely helpful pulling together to help you succeed, additionally there is parking available on site.
The Field Support, Customer Services Team provides both technical and non-technical day to day support for our field-based Field Operations teams (our Meter Readers and Meter Technicians). We are made up of a number of teams covering a really wide variety of roles, from maintaining the equipment that our field colleagues use as well as planning and allocating their daily work.
In this role you will predominately be providing support to the Field Operations from our contact centre, including assisting the with Smart meter installations and any technical queries they may have.
Pay rate - £9.12 per hour
Hours: Full Time 37 hours per week between 8.00am-6.00pm (Monday to Saturday)
Location: High Street kingswinford, DY6 8BN
- Responsible for the provision of day to day support of technical contact from meter readers and meter technicians ( smart meter scheming issues, meter reading handheld issues, etc.) and for related back-office activity (e.g. remote updates to smart meters, managing task lists, etc.).
- Working on a variety of Administrative tasks as required to support the day to day operations and to provide excellent customer service, to both internal and external customers.
- Act as a focal point for key internal / external stakeholders, providing responses to their queries, directing / escalating these to the Technical Helpdesk Team Manger when needed.
- Ensure key tasks from management are completed against agreed timescales and escalate as appropriate.
- Maintain and update records / reports and identify any risks or faults (e.g. during Hypercare) and follow up/escalate where required
- Ensure that all equipment is documented / tracked effectively to ensure that there is a robust method of tracking all assets that are the responsibility of the team (including sealing pliers and dated PPE), to ensure compliance with industry regulations and to enable these records to be presented during annual audits
- Assisting with ongoing Smart meter installations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus excellent numerical skills.
- Good use of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word.
- Developed personal organisation skills encompassing a high degree of accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Drive, enthusiasm and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and to assume responsibility without direct supervision.
- Be proactive in looking for opportunities to improve processes and eliminate waste.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Professional Manner on the phones for calls from Internal colleagues only.
- Basic knowledge of how smart meters work.