Claims Handler (Professional Indemnity)
Our Client is an award-winning legal business with a strong reputation for excellent client service and effective operational management. There are now over 2,700 people based in 27 key locations across the globe.
Are you an ambitious and forward-thinking individual with a strong desire to pursue a career working for an award-winning legal business? Then we would love to hear from you???
The Professional Claims Team are now seeking an experienced Claims Handler to join us.
Purpose of the role:
You will take ownership of end-to-end handling including investigation, negotiation and / or conduct of defence of allocated low to medium complexity Professional Risks claims.
What you will be doing:
• Investigate externally, participate fully in and control individual claim tactics and negotiate settlement of low to medium complexity claims promptly, economically and equitably.
• Ensure consistent application of client claims and reserving policy so that claims are dealt with fairly and costs are properly controlled supported by the use of the most appropriate approved external suppliers.
• Take a pro-active approach to investigation, ADR and negotiation to avoid unnecessary litigation.
• Identify trends and pass on information on risk to the Claims Team Leader(s) / Technical Claims Manager(s) / Operations Manager and insurers to help manage the profitability of the portfolio we manage.
• Responsible for quality and integrity of the MI provided.
• Provide control of claims to settlement as per the stipulations contained within the authority matrix and ensure consistency in the quality of estimates.
What we are looking for:
• Working towards CIP/ACII or suitable legal qualification (Essential)
• Customer focussed and target driven.
• Evidence of having delivered results in a similar role.
• Demonstrable technical claims experience and product knowledge.
• Demonstrable understanding of relevant legislative and legal framework.
• Effective negotiating and decision making skills.
• Demonstrable planning and organising skills.
• Demonstrable experience of relationship management (internal and external).
What we can offer:
We want you to feel valued and rewarded by your time. We understand the importance of offering you a reward package that goes beyond simply salary. That's why, when you join us, you'll be given a choice. You can pick from a range of benefits, allowing you to build a package that suits your needs and lifestyle, as well as those of your family. In addition to our standard benefits (medical insurance, life insurance, pension and 25 days annual leave), we offer flexible benefits which include season ticket loans, holiday buy / sell scheme, gym memberships, health assessments, cycle to work, retail vouchers and dining cards. We are also happy to discuss flexible working patterns.