Location: Ludlow, Shropshire
About the Company:
Our clients company is a multi-award-winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world's number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology.
Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, they offer a comprehensive portfolio of premium hedge-cutting, mowing, cultivation and remote-control machinery that sets the standard for quality and innovation in the industry and is exported to more than 40 countries around the world.
The Company is looking to expand its Quality Department and is seeking a strong Quality Engineer who has some experience in a Deputy Quality Manager role or is a Quality Manager is a smaller organisation looking to develop career.
Quality Manager Responsibilities:
- Management of the Quality team to ensure a consistent approach to quality across all shifts, embedding Company processes and procedures.
- Maintains the quality assurance standards and their associated sub-systems. From new purchased items, manufactured items through the whole manufacturing process and final machine pass off.
- Determines and selects quality plan to be used on each product designed, based on required specifications.
- Performs quality audits of manufacturing departments.
- Conducts internal and external audits making recommendation where required.
- Ensure all components received from third parties meets Company quality standards and raising concerns where issues arise.
- Build and manage customer relationships ensuring outstanding customer service at all times; owning, investigating and responding to customer complaints.
- Manage quality concerns from cradle to grave; facilitating investigations to identify and eliminate the root cause of concerns, managing the preventative and corrective actions, logs 8D reports, closing off issues and implementing change.
Quality Manager Requirements:
- Educated to at least HND level preferably within an engineering discipline
- Previous Quality Engineering experience essential. Some Quality Management experience preferable
- Experience of ISO 9001:2018 within heavy industry (familiar with welding/fabrication, in-line paint spray plants)
- Understanding of process improvement tools and experience of implementing these techniques within the workplace.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels internally and externally.
- Strong highly focused, self-motivated individual who works well under pressure.
- Able to organise and prioritise; inspiring the team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership style with charisma and team spirit
If you feel that you meet the Quality Manager requirements, then apply now!