IT Service Design and Strategy Analyst
Reporting into the Service Design and Strategy Manager, this role will be supporting and driving a suite of IT Service Maturity Initiatives which are key elements of the wider strategy for both IT Service and the Society as a whole. The role will need to work and collaborate with IT Managers at all levels to help drive maturity and improvements. The role will take varying levels of responsibility and ownership depending on the initiative's which include:-
• Co-ordinate the program of IT Service Improvement Projects (SIPS) within IT Service ensuring they align with wider strategic business, technology and risk reduction initiatives.
• Driving the adoption and maturity of the SIP process across all of IT.
• Conduct Service Design Health Checks, recommending remedial actions where appropriate & driving through adoption.
• Responsible for updating relevant policies and procedures, associated risk and control plans.
• Act as conduit to ensure wider policies and plans are implemented within the function.
• Identify and deliver Strategy aligned improvements service improvements through SIP's also raising awareness and priorities for larger IT and Society wide initiatives.
• Support the Service Design and Strategy Manager in the CBS IT TOM ongoing design and development activities.
• Support the Service Design and Strategy Manager in managing day to day activities relating to organisation, budget and performance.
• Help drive improvements to the way IT Service Performance is communicated to the Exec and the Board ensuring they have an objective insight into the performance of the function. This also includes partnering with Service teams and Senior Management to help evolve and develop how KPIs are presented.
• Delegate for the Service Design and Strategy Manager at key governance forums and management committees as required.
The successful candidate:-
• Will be a self-starter able to motivate and generate enthusiasm to drive improvement initiatives across functions.
• Have good communication and able to articulate benefits to champion process maturity.
• Able to extract and review key service information to formulate appropriate plans, designs and strategy.
• Good facilitation skills to help organise and prioritise the delivery of improvements.
• Able to demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving with a strong attention to detail.
• Will be an organised individual who can generate, plan and deliver owned Service Improvements.
• Experience in managing a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Have strong written and verbal communication.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• ITIL foundation V3 Certification
• Service Design Qualification would be advantageous.
• Strong knowledge and experience of IT service management and reporting.
• Experience of working and driving initiatives in Matrix Organizations.
• Strong data and analysis and presentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Use of Microsoft Office Products
• Strong Excel and data presentation skills.
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.