HGV Maintenance Technician
At Charteris, our Logisitics divsions are proud to be a preferred recruiter for one of the strongest transportations and logistics companies in the world, who take the development of their staff very seriously, you will have access to market leading training programmes that will assist with your continued career development. This company encourage new ideas and reward when you go that extra mile.
We are assisting them on a national basis recruit for self-motivated individuals to join Engineering Teams as skilled Vehicle Maintenance Technicians. This role is working Monday to Friday.
As a skilled Vehicle Maintenance Technician, you will work as part of a team in a positive environment and be responsible for ensuring that no vehicle leaves the workshop in an unroadworthy condition.
- The diagnosis and repair of vehicles to minimum Dept of Transport standards and in line with the Company preventative maintenance programme
- Complete relevant documents for all work undertaken including reporting to the Line Manager Road testing of vehicles (where qualified to do so)
- Taking or accompanying vehicles for Dept of Transport test as required (where qualified to do so)
- Ensuring the correct and effective safe use of all tools, plant and ancillary equipment
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards Carrying out any other duty deemed reasonable by Management Road test vehicles (where qualified and instructed to do so).
- Take or accompany vehicles for DOT test as required (where qualified and instructed to do so).
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in prioritising a busy workload within a similar environment and due to legislative requirements needs to have a high attention to detail.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Full Cat C Licence, C&E preferred but not essential
- Previous experience within a similar role
- City & Guilds parts 1 & 2 or equivalent in commercial vehicle repairs