Property, Construction and Engineering Manager
Our public sector clients objective is to rationalise the office estate and as a consequence reduce property costs. The reduced estate is to be re-purposed to better facilitate the emerging redesign of citizen services and, by putting greater emphasis on innovation and collaboration, ensure the council is better able to adapt more quickly and cost-effectively to ongoing demands for change.
The successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate a clear vision of what they would expect to achieve during the 6-9 month interim period and to demonstarte a track record of similar projects.
Answerable to the CEO,Strategic Directors, Elected Members and customers, the successful applicant will have responsibility for the delivery of :-
- Design and Major Projects
- Estate management delivery
- Management of strategic project delivery
and is likely to have experience and a proven track record of:-
- Staff management and development skills
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, problem solving and analytical skills, confident and able to deal with people at all levels.
- Strategic working experience
- Able to manage and co-ordinate contractors, stakeholders and suppliers and maintain good working relationships.
- Strong financial and budget management skills
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role.
This is a long term interim role with IMMEDIATE INTERVIEW/START so early application is vital.
Should you require further information please contact the advising consultant Ken Wood at Network Public Sector