Commercial Manager 3 days
Commercial Manager (3 days a week)
My client is an international electricity and gas company and one of the largest investor owned Energy companies in the world. They play a vital role in delivering gas and electricity to many millions of people across Great Britain and North-Eastern US in an efficient, reliable and safe manner. We require a Commercial Manager to join a meaningful programme in the organisation.
- Provide pre-contract commercial expertise to project and service teams to facilitate the sourcing process, of information technology based contracts.
- Take ownership of the contract(s), lead contract negotiations (as the sourcing process develops) and drafting of contracts.
- Handle contract fulfilment through the on going management and support of the contractual and commercial aspects, including change management. This includes individual supplier agreements across the global organisation.
- Analyse and handle(commercial) risks, and ensure contract and commercial quality.
- Provide pre-contract support, including:
- Design overall commercial model (commercial terms and conditions) and where required ongoing governance processes.
- Analyse and lead (commercial) risks
- Negotiate contracts, including:
- Plan and organise the negotiation strategy and lead the negotiation execution
- Coordinate with internal partners i.e. professional departments and execute the contract review and decision making sub processes;
- Analyse and handle (commercial) risks;
- Identify and report key issues to senior management;
- Carry out contract due diligence analysis (i.e. evaluate supplier status);
- Draft contract documents:
- Prepare draft and final versions of main body, annexes and related documents for signing;
- Coordinate the internal sign-off process and closing of contracts in accordance with the authorisation levels set;
- Notify relevant partners of the contract signing.
- Contract and commercial management and fulfilment, including:
- Design overall commercial model ongoing governance processes.
- Handle and maintain appropriate contractual relationships to optimise contract value through a consistent, professional approach.
- Deliver commercial and financial clarity for each supplier contract to ensure transparency of spend
- Assist in the definition, implementation and management of contract and commercial management processes to drive consistency and efficiency across the IS and supplier organisations.
- Ensure that the agreed governance processes are handled across the IS organisation and delivering commercially as developed.
- Develop and maintain effective and commercially oriented relationships with a wide range of vendors varying in size, geography, skill-set and cost, in order to drive value through individual and collaboration of partner organisations.
- Support in the management of contract claim and legal disputes through contract investigation, interpretation and evidence gathering, ensuring that issues are resolved quickly, without negative impact on third party relationships, and corporate reputation.
- Support and challenge internal customers (solution and service delivery programmes) in line with the commercial objectives in order to ensure best value and the highest levels of performance
- Maintain understanding of the broader business objectives and the implications within IS both regionally and globally.
- Analyse and handle (commercial) risks, ensuring compliance with global legislative and regulatory requirements and identifying value add opportunities to improve supplier relationships.