Job Location: Castle Bromwich, Birmingham, B35 7RD
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: GBP10.25 per hour - there is also plenty of overtime opportunities which are paid at time and a half
Hours: 39 hours per week - there is also plenty of overtime opportunities during the week and weekends.
Parking: Free onsite parking
A manufacturing company based in Castle Bromwich is seeking to hire a Production Operative to assist them with the manufacturing process around their site.
This is a physical role that will see you working within the manufacturing process of metal plate forming. These roles require excellent team work and for you to exert excellent attention to detail as quality is paramount in the manufacturing process from start to finish and everyone at all stages of this is involved in making sure quality is highly monitored.
These require various manufacturing stages which are all very labour intensive and physically demanding so anyone wishing to apply for these roles needs to have excellent eyesight, good attention to detail and be physically fit to deal with the demands of these positions.
For this role it is preferable if you:
- Have worked in positions that require excellent attention to detail
- Preferably have worked within a process or production role within an Engineering / Manufacturing or Metal Industry.
- Be able to undertake a physically demanding role which will involve constantly moving materials by hand that can weigh up to 20 kg.
- Be flexible and able to undertake any additional hours or overtime as required to help the company meet production demands
- Be able to accurately read, write and count
- The ability to use a measuring tape
Duties will include:
- Lifting and moving metal plates into various process operation points that can weigh up to 20kg each
- Measuring, taping and marking out of plates
- Quality checking throughout the process
- Loading the metal plates into the process machine and operating that process point of the manufacturing operation (this can include quality checks and the cleaning of materials)
Hours: Working rotating 12 hour shifts, one week of days, Monday - Wednesday 6am - 6pm, Thursday 6am - 4pm & then rotating onto doing 3 nights the following week Mon - Weds 6pm - 6am. This averages out at 39 hours per week over the fortnight
For more information on this position or to apply for the role, please forward your CV in the first instance to our recruitment team.
Those who have the right skills and experience, our aim is that you will hear back from us within 24 hours but due to the high number of applications we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to every application individually so If you do not hear from us within 3 days please assume that your application at this stage has not been successful. As new positions arise we will review any applications already made to us and may contact you about other suitable roles.
Resource Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally. It is the policy of the Company to take all reasonable steps to ensure that each applicant is assessed only in accordance on the basis of their qualifications, skills and abilities to perform the relevant duties without prejudice in regards to background, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability or gender.
Keywords: Forklift , production, process, factory, line, shift, machine, assembler, assembly, Operative, assistant, mechanical, handyman, handy man, Flt, counterbalance, fork lift, reach, bendi, maintenance, fitter, labourer, cleaner, cleaning, core maker, foundry, Machine Operator; CNC; Machining; Machinist; engineering; sheet metal; process operators, Engineer, engineering, welding, fabrication, fabricator, metal work, manufacturing, chemical, process industry, press operator