Part Time Finance Analyst Opportunity
My client is one of the largest and most successful independent co-operatives in the UK, with gross sales in excess of GBP1bn and over 8,800 colleagues operating across 16 counties, from the heart of England to its eastern shores. They are looking to recruit a Finance Analyst on a part time basis to cover maternity leave.
As the Finance Analyst, you will be working as part of a progressive finance team and be making a real difference to the team and organisation. The Finance Analyst will be delivering best in class decision support, budgeting and forecasting service to the Society's stakeholders.
The Finance Analyst duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the production of robust revenue and capital budgets, quarterly forecasts and 4 year plans
- Assist in the identification and definition of key business revenue and costs drivers
- Support and challenge the business in driving performance
- Review and interpret the business performance with operational management
- Produce robust investment appraisals, draft board reports and appropriate sensitivity analyses in line with the Society's capital and revenue expenditure processes.
- Assist in the production of post investment reviews and development of appropriate reports to highlight key learnings, agreed actions, and emerging trends.
- Provide financial support to ad hoc projects as directed.
The successful Finance Analyst will be:
- A passed finalist or qualified accountant
- Organised and able to deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to work under own initiative and demonstrate proactive approach to issue resolution.
- Ability to challenge current practice and processes with an eye to continuous improvement and delivery of a world class finance infrastructure
- Ability to develop commercial and financial acumen and able to develop an understanding of the key drivers of the Society's property business interests.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both cross functional and finance colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
If you are looking for a part time opportunity working 25 hours per week over 3 days and have the relevant skills and experience, contact Nick Singh on or email your cv and covering letter to