Proactive Personnel ltd are pleased to be recruiting for our client based in Newcastle Under Lyme for a Quality, Health and Safety Manager.
Our client currently has ISO9001 in place and are looking to achieve ISO14001. The successful candidate will therefore have experience in this progression and be able to identify areas of improvement to achieve the ISO accreditation.
Based at the HO, you will have a focus on risk prevention and ensure that appropriated policies, procedures and action plans are in place and implemented.
- Develop the QHSE culture within the business and provide a pro-active approach to address key challenges and areas for improvement.
- Take hands on approach to QHSE to support the business in its day to day activities.
- Monitor emerging, new and revised legislation to assess its impact on the business and develop implementation plans.
- Develop the QHSE policies, procedures to progress the ISO 9001 to the ISO 14001 standard.
- Complete tenders for industrial accreditations, carry out Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental audits and host external audits.
- Monitor and inspect QHSE across the business and produce improvement action plans and reports.
- Chair the QHSE committee and communicate and consult with all levels of management and staff.
- Responsible for Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental reporting, recording of NCRs and undertaking accident, incident and near-miss investigations.
Experience of working in an Engineering environment would be advantageous. The job holder must hold NEBOSH qualification and will have experience of operating within the ISO 9001 & 140001 framework and standards.