JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: PERSONAL ASSISTANT
LOCATION: CRAVEN ARMS, Shropshire
JOB TITLE: PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANTS (2 roles)
SALARY: £12.00 per hour
HOURS: PART TIME, minimum 15 hours per week (per role)
THE COMPANY: Our client is a private individual - a 23-year-old male with congenital Cerebral Palsy who is an easy-going person. He uses an electric powered wheelchair for mobility, which is mounted with a Microsoft Surface tablet which he uses for communication, as well as completing his university assignment.
THE ROLE: Our client is seeking to appoint two male personal assistants to provide personal support and assistance in all aspects of his daily living within his home environment, social occasions and on family vacations within the UK and abroad.
Our client has a private residence within the family home with independent access, kitchenette, bathroom etc. He enjoys travelling, socialising, eating out, visiting the cinema, and nightclubs.
Are you/Do you have?
- You must have a fun, easy going, outgoing, professional and approachable character
- Flexible to travel when organised
- You must be physically fit and be pro-active in enhancing our client’s experiences and quality of life
- You will need to be confident working with and being in the company of a non-verbal individual
- Be non-smoker
- Have an SIA licence (preferably, but optional)
- Be prepared to work some substantial unsociable hours during weekends
- Full & clean driving license required
- Be an age that allows for you to drive someone else’s van under an insurance policy, the ability to safely drive a VW Caravelle with an automatic gear box
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Daily personal hygiene, showering and toilet
- Food preparation
- Manual handling (a portable hoist is provided)
Does this sound like you? To apply for the role please hit the “apply now” button and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.