Graduate Design Engineer
Are you a recent Structural/Civil Engineering Graduate looking for a design role?
Do you have experience designing light gauge steel and/or load bearing structures?
Due to expansion, Kingscroft have been asked to recruit for Graduate Design Engineer on behalf of a growing structural steel company in the Birmingham area. The company itself provide lightweight steel building solutions across the country. The position of Graduate Design Engineer will be to use software such as AutoCAD, Revit and Tekla to design medium rise buildings and secondary structural support systems. Working with the design team, the ideal Graduate Design Engineer will have previously worked similar projects within the Steel industry. The company will reward the ideal Graduate Design Engineer with a competitive salary up to around GBP25k Per Annum.
- Design of medium rise structures using CAD software (AutoCAD/Revit/Tekla etc.).
- Communicate with a range of internal and external contacts, from clients to sales and installation teams.
- Manage projects throughout the whole build process, from a design perspective.
- Provide support and technical advice on drawings/plans.
- Attending site and client meetings to discuss projects and plans (UK wide).
The ideal Graduate Design Engineer:
- Be familiar and experienced with CAD software - AutoCAD Revit and/or Tekla.
- Knowledge and some experience working with some relevant Eurocodes.
- Light gauge steel frame/load bearing structures is advantageous.
- Relevant qualifications - Structural/Engineering HNC/HND/Degree. Minimum of a 2:1.
- Experienced working on a range of steel projects is also advantageous.
- Ability to work well as a team and also alone.
- Attention to detail and be fully computer literate.
- Ability to work to deadlines and to work under pressure.
The ideal candidate will be experienced within designing and working on Lightgauge SFS projects and have a good working knowledge of the industry. For a Graduate Design Engineer with this experience, my client are paying a competitive salary up to around GBP25k.
Apply now for a confidential discussion regarding this or any other construction role at Kingscroft.
Keywords: Tekla, Graduate, Trainee, Grad, Graduation, Draughtsman, Designer, Design, CAD, Detail, Detailing, Detailer, 3D, StruCAD, Revit, AutoCAD, Inventor, Steel, Structures, Structural, Engineer, Architecture, Models, Construction, Drawing, Draughting, Light Gauge, SFS, Structural Steel, West Midlands, Midlands, Staffordshire, Shropshire, Worcestershire, East Midlands, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Walsall, Dudley, Telford, Coventry, Derby, Stoke-on-Trent, Worcester, UK.