Alexander Daniels are working with a large business in Warwick who are looking for a Payroll Manager for a 9 month fixed term contract to cover their current Payroll Manager whilst they are seconded onto a project.
The role is to lead and manage all aspects of the payroll function and ensure compliance with the latest relevant legislation, statutory filing deadlines and internal management reporting requirements. Manage 3rd party suppliers such as NGA Resource Link and Kronos as appropriate, liaising other external bodies such as HMRC and liaising with internal functions such as finance and HR.
Suitable candidates should have the below;
- CIPP qualification
- The ability to work with two systems: Must have the ability to run interface report between two systems and analysis data between the two systems.
- To be able to have good eye for detail, good analytical skills, comparing data and experienced in producing reports and importing between two systems.
- The ability to solve maternity, pay, income tax and sickness pay calculations is important.
- To set up, update and manage efficient work systems and effective internal controls within the payroll function, ensuring that processing errors are minimised and changes are reflected accurately and promptly.
- To manage and maintain high levels of quality and service, ensuring prompt and accurate processing, payment, reporting and record keeping of payroll.
- To provide high quality advice on payroll-related matters, responding to queries and liaising with departmental managers, staff, HR, Finance and Inland Revenue as necessary.
- To continually review existing processes, payroll, benefits and tax procedures, with a view to innovate and develop new improved practices.
- Collaborating with HR and Finance where appropriate, making practical and value added recommendations.
- To act as a key point of contact with the payroll systems provider
- To resolve queries and requests being the final point of escalation.
- Undertake any reasonable task or activities directed by the HR Director.
- Significant relevant experience managing a payroll function and managing a team
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of UK payroll-related legislation and statutory requirements, including PAYE and other deductions, and HMRC rules
- Experience in NGA Resource Link & Kronos reconciling interface reports
- Must have own car and hold and full, current driving licence
- Must be able to work flexible hours and at numerous locations.