TRAINEE I.T. TECNICIAN
A great opportunity has arisen for a local expanding Engineering / Manufacturing Company. The role requires someone who is eager to operate in a very ‘hands on’ capacity, as well as being keen to further their skill set. Working with the Senior IT Technician you will maintain all technology and support their expanding business.
- Provide end-user training and instruction to improve computer operation
- General ERP enquiries and updates
- Printer support including driver maintenance and upgrades
- Maintenance of and general work with CRM system
- Land line / mobile phone communications maintenance and support
- Troubleshoot and resolve end user IT problems via telephone, e-mail, helpdesk and in person in a courteous and professional manner.
- Supporting Production by way of maintaining stock systems
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Performing regular, scheduled preventative maintenance on IT equipment, including the checking and cleaning of laptops, workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Hands on installation of cables, CCTV
- Perform post-resolution monitoring and follow-ups to ensure employee satisfaction and evaluate documented resolutions to analyse for trends to identify future problems.
Education and Experience:
- Must have experience working in and supporting a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of computer hardware, including PCs, laptops
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experience with VPN technology and antivirus, antispyware and disk encryption security technologies.
- Exposure to Active Directory.
- VMware exposure would be ideal
- Strong documentation skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- occasional out of hours support work will be required
If you’d like to join our team, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or HR Manager, SYSPAL Ltd, Cockshutt Lane, Broseley, Shropshire TF12 5JA