Supply Chain Development Specialist Auditor
Supply Chain Development Specialist - Stone, Stafforshire
Do you hold a lead auditor qualification (IRCA or SMMT)? Do you have experience of carrying out audits to ensure the supply chain can meet the requirements of quality, H&S and environmental systems of a project based organisation? Would you like the chance to work full-time, for a globally renowned engineering company who are undertaking a number of exciting, high value projects within the HVDC market? If so, this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
The successful applicant will assess, qualify and on-board potential and existing suppliers with particular attention to supplier capability and supplier performance. You will be responsible for ensuring the supply chain meets the requirements of the Company's Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental systems, which is mandatory and ensuring that the Company's policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Lead Auditor Qualification (IRCA or SMMT)
- Previous audit and supplier development experience
- Understanding of LEAN techniques
- Full flexibility to travel throughout the UK and Europe to suppliers and potential suppliers sites
- Ensure that potential or actual breaches of requirements are identified, properly reported and appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Holds Self & Others to Account and sets clear objectives for self and others, monitoring progress and taking appropriate action to ensure delivery
- Six Sigma Qualification
- Collaborates and Shares Knowledge- Seeks to create collective success through teamwork, knowledge sharing and mutual support.
- Delivers Results/ Focuses on Solution - Plans what needs to be delivered and then focuses on making it happen.
- Knowledge of the commodities used in the industry will be hugely desirable (Steel, Galvanizing and Painting process, Civil Construction or Electronics Manufacturing)
- Experience of auditing not only manufacturing, but also Contracted Service companies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including: Word, Power Point, Excel and Access.
- Adapts to change - Is able to respond positively to individual or organisational change.
- GBP40k+ (DoE) starting base salary
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- Company Car or allowance
- Matched pension up to 10%
- Personal private healthcare (Discounted rate for family cover)
- Responsible for the auditing of all new suppliers and subcontractors based on the requirements for the introduction of new suppliers to the Company.
- Responsible for the approval of all suppliers and subcontractors based on the acceptance criteria of the Company.
- Responsibility for implementation and maintenance of all Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety procedures that apply to the Supply Chain Development Function as required by the Company, processes, procedures and policy.
- Ensure that potential or actual breaches of requirements are identified, properly reported and appropriate action is taken.
- Responsible for the process for resolving all non-conforming supplier issues (Quality & Delivery).
- Responsible for the implementation of best practice processes to control quality and delivery requirements in line with Company requirements.
- Development of supplier / Company relationships to assist with supplier classification.
- Assist internal departments to identify and clarify product sourcing needs.
- Ensure specified deadlines for work and / or reporting are met.
A full detailed brief directly from our client can be supplied following an initial qualifying call with Daniel Shaw at Cordant Engineering. Please send CV to or call on
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer