Bookkeeper\ Payroll Administrator
A leading regional firm of Chartered Certified Accountants seek a dedicated and enthusiastic Bookkeeper/Payroll Administrator. They require a forward thinking and ambitious candidate who will be able to progress within the company having undergone a period of growth throughout their offices and an increasingly demanding workload.
The role will include;
- Monthly bookkeeping on either Sage, Quickbooks, Xero, Excel, etc.
- Preparing and submitting MTD and non-MTD VAT Returns
- Assisting with the training of the more junior members of staff
- Managing your own portfolio of payrolls
- Preparing and submitting client payrolls
- Dealing with payroll queries and answering queries from clients
- Communicating with HMRC in all aspects of Payroll including RTI
- Uploading pensions
- Closing month end and year end payrolls
- Producing relevant forms, e.g. P45's
- Supporting our Payroll Manager during busy periods
- Assisting the more junior staff members
- At least 2 years experience within practice
- Competent in the operation of book keeping packages such as Sage, Xero and Quickbook's
- Sage 50 Payroll experience preferred but not essential
- Confident and a good positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail and ability to multi-task
For further information on the Semi Senior Accountant position, please apply direct or contact Jessica Black from AJ Chambers.