Part Qualified Accountant
Part Qualified Accountant | Shrewsbury, Shropshire | GBP30,000 + study | Permanent Job
Seymour John in Shropshire are working in exclusive partnership with a reputable local retail business, with a head office in Shrewsbury.
The business has been established for c.50 years and continues to do well, owing to its steadfast focus on delivering first class products, and excellent customer service.
The finance team have identified the need to recruit a part-qualified, ambitious accountant to support them with management accounting tasks. There is definite scope to develop and forge a long-lasting career in this organisation.
You will be:
- Preparing management accounts, posting journals and completing returns
- Analysing data and writing reports to support decisions
- Collating monthly payroll information for the bureau
- Maintaining bank reconciliations (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Reconciling control accounts
- Performing period end processes
- Working with senior management, and other internal departments, providing financial data
- Participating in review meetings
- Posting accruals and prepayments
- Maintaining fixed assets
We are looking for a confident and ambitious accountant who is ready to take the next step in their career. You will demonstrate a commitment to accounting and the gravitas and communication skills to ultimately step into a more senior position in due course.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from study support, flexi-time within core hours, 20 days holiday + 1 birthday day off, rising with service, and the option to buy a further week's leave, staff discount and retailer discount scheme, bonus scheme and genuine career progression.
For further information please contact Kerry at Seymour John Ltd