Software Engineer - Connected & Autonomous Vehicles
3 days left
- Contract Type
Software Engineer - Connected & Autonomous Vehicles (CAV)
Salary Range: GBP38000 - GBP45000
Our Client are recruitin for 3 Software engineers for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles. (CAVs)
We are a growing team of engineers creating solutions for unmanned and autonomous vehicles in off-road environments. We have a rapidly expanding portfolio and are growing the team to satisfy customer demand.
We have a number of vacancies within our software development team and are particularly interested in recruiting research software engineers who can specialise in developing components in one or more areas of Perception, Planning, and Control. We use techniques such as deep-learning AI, image processing, LIDAR processing, inertial data fusion, Bayesian filters (particle filters and Kalman filters), and SLAM.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant science or engineering discipline.
- Proficient in at least one relevant software language.
- Well versed on Systems Engineering concepts.
- Experience of solving real problems using well architected software solutions.
- A keen interest in autonomous vehicles, robotics or mechatronics.
- Good technical problem solving and algorithm development skills.
- Demonstration of creative thinking and openness to new ideas.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- A hands-on, can-do attitude.
- Contribute effectively in an open and collaborative team environment.
- An ability to convey technical information succinctly and confidently.
- Self-starter with an ability to take ownership of objectives.
Whether you are just starting out or have direct industry experience and you believe you have the capability and creativity to create working solutions in this domain then please contact us and send your CV accordingly.
All positions require real-time software skills, we predominantly use C++ and Python in both a Windows and LINUX environment - a good understanding of one or both of these languages is advantageous. If your domain knowledge is exceptional and you don't have experience with coding in these languages but you feel you have the capability to pick them up then don't be put off.
- You will need strong maths skills and ideally be educated to at least degree level in a relevant science or engineering discipline.
Come and join us and you will be joining a motivated, friendly and co-operative team, you will contribute directly to technology being deployed, work closely with the autonomous vehicle platforms and have the opportunity to travel (sometimes overseas) to our customers' sites.
You will have access to a large and diverse automotive sector eco-system and will be based at the HORIBA MIRA Technology Park in Nuneaton.
Our Client actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, however this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list. As a result, HORIBA MIRA is unable to support an application for visa sponsorship. All applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work for an indefinite period in the UK.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.