Our highly successful and growing client are leaders in their field. As a specialist wholesale distributor, they have been expanding rapidly and are now looking for a Cost Accountant to join them to manage the group's management accounting function and deliver management information to support the decision-making process across all businesses in the group. In return they offer a supportive working environment and excellent company benefits.
Duties for the Cost Accountant role will include:
- Provide excellent leadership and management of the Management Accounting function, measured by the effectiveness, engagement and delivery of the teams KPI's.
- Build productive working relationships across key stakeholders in order to understand financial information of the end users.
- Manage relationships across both entities and within the team to ensure alignment in key business strategies and all agreed targets/actions.
- Manage each entities working capital to agreed targets with appropriate reporting to BU directors and Group.
- Manage each entities reporting of monthly actuals, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Manage transfer pricing documentation and process across the Group.
- Collaborate, design, implement and review the reporting systems across each entity, policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement.
- Oversee and manage all business analysis for each entity ensuring Group consistency, accurately presented and timeliness.
- Provision of support to preparation of Financial Accounts for the Group and BU's.
- Support ad hoc business analysis and decision making requests ensuring they are accurately and professionally presented.
- Undertake a range of other activities within the function in conjunction with other finance staff, such as governance and control.
For the Cost Accountant role, you will be involved in analysis of:
- Customer profitability
- Product profitability
- Customer & product mix
- Margin reporting
- Foreign exchange impact on trade
- Flash reporting sales/margin
Candidate requirements for the Cost Accountant role:
- CIMA/ACCA part qualified as a minimum
- Marketing and pricing structure knowledge
- Operational experience
- Proven written and verbal communications skills
- Analytical with acute attention to detail
- Understanding of Commercial aspects of a business
- Staff management skills
- Organization and change management experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to research, interpret, compile and present data
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm
Salary: GBP35,000 - GBP37,000 per annum
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Finance Analyst, Financial Analyst, Commercial Accountant, Cost Accountant, Commercial Accountant, Commercial Analyst, Cost Analyst
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.