Fire Risk Assessor
The purpose of this role is to provide expert specialist fire safety leadership, management, support and advice across the Retail Estate. As a Competent Person you will ensure fire safety is inspected, managed and maintained in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and any other appropriate health and safety legislation. This role reports directly to the Head of EHS for Retail UK & ROI
You will lead the cultural / behavioural fire safety step change program in stores by working closely with Retail Field Mangers and colleagues, providing appropriate training to support.You will co-ordinate the investigation of any fire related incidents this includes liaising with Fire Authorities. Key deliverables will include delivering the store specific fire risk assessment project across the retail estate as well as continuous improvement and assurance of effective management systems, strategic initiatives, cultural development and leadership.
- Manage the project to deliver store specific fire risk assessments across the retail estate
- Carry out technical fire risk assessments to include adequacy of AFD, structural compartmentation and active and passive fire protection measures
- Develop fire action plans and emergency procedures specific to each retail unit
- Provide reports and highlight any remedial actions that are required after undertaking the fire risk assessments
- Identify all solutions to fire related problems
- Deliver fire related training workshops
- Ensure the health & safety of colleagues, customers and the public
- Support in driving a positive fire safety culture across the retail estate, ensuring clear accountability, responsibility, skills and knowledge
- Identify and spread good practice across the retail estate ensure a consistent approach is achieved
- Undertake other projects as required
- The role is based in the Store Support Centre in Nuneaton, however it will require frequent travel across the UK and ROI
- Recognised safety qualification minimum NEBOSH General Certificate
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
- Level 4 Certificate in fire safety (Fire Auditor)
- Level 4 Diploma in fire safety (Fire Inspector)
- Member of the IFE / IFSM / FPA
- In depth post qualification experience, preferably in commercial sector
- Detailed knowledge of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 as well as good knowledge of Approved Document B
- CPD evidence
- Passed an accredited fire risk assessment course
- Knowledge and the ability to write detailed technical reports
- A passion in Health, Safety and Environmental management
- Experience in retail is advantageous
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go???