Trainee Residential Manager - Dudley
Trainee Residential Manager
Full time Permanent
Salary £24,000 - £26,500
St Christopher's is an established children’s charity that has provided care for vulnerable children and young people for almost 150 years. We provide fostering, children's homes and a range of innovative housing and support services across London, Bedfordshire, West Midlands and the Isle of Man.
We really care about children and young people, placing them at the centre of everything we do.We ask young people what they think and involve them in decision making, from helping to shape new services to interviewing new members of staff. Our social pedagogic approach is our core philosophy of care. Put simply this is a holistic approach for building positive relationships with young people to bring out their inner “diamond”.
To support our five year strategy we are looking to recruit talented children’s residential practitioners with some supervisory experience to progress into management via our Fast Track to Management Programme. Our Fast Track Programme will offer you the chance to work in a range of our services, learning how to deliver the highest quality care and support. We will encourage you every step of the way, providing you with a dedicated mentor as well as on-the-job training. You will have regular access to a peer group and be supported to undertake and complete the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or hold an equivalent qualification* as defined in the Guide to the Children’s Homes Regulations 2015.
- Have worked for at least 2 years (within the last 5 years), in a position relevant to the residential care of children.
- Have a minimum 12 months experience supervising or managing staff working in a care role
- Good problem solving skills and a structured approach to tasks.
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as taking individual responsibility for results.
- Ability to relate successfully to individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and build productive relationships and network effectively.
- Excellent organisational, written, numerical and IT skills.
This opportunity may suit someone already in the social care sector or, who has previously worked in a relevant field and is looking for a career change or return to the sector. What matters most are the skills, new ideas and experience you can bring and your willingness to develop yourself and your career with St Christopher’s. If you’re ready for the challenge and think you have the ambition to create brighter futures for our young people we would love to hear from you.
In return we offer:
- Starting salary of £24,000 per annum, rising to £26,500 after successful completion of probationary period. At the end of programme you will be managing or deputising in your own home and achieving a salary in excess of £30,000 and beyond.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
- 5 % employer pension contribution, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
- Discount shopping scheme at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funded Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
At St Christopher’s we are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application form to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements.
Applicants will ideally already be on the DBS Update Service; if this is not the case St Christopher's will carry out a DBS (police) check prior to starting.
Your online application must include a supporting statement addressing the criteria stated in the Person Specification.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit our website.
We advise you to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this opportunity might be filled before the stated closing date of 22nd July 2019.
St Christopher’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community as well as applications from candidates with care experience or experience of being a care leaver.