School Finance Officer
School Finance Officer Stoke on Trent Temporary role
School Finance Officer
Stoke on Trent
GBP9.50 Per Hour
We are currently have a high level of demand for School Finance officers across North Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent. These roles are temporary and start immediately on a long term temporary basis.
Ideally we are looking for candidates with finance experience in schools however if you have experience in a similar environment and you are confident with all aspects of finance please contact us.
Your new role
To support in the management of the Academy budget as directed by the Finance Manager
* Input of standing information to Civica Finance system (suppliers, debtors) in accordance with procedures
* Processing of Purchase Orders from requisitions, accurately and in accordance with agreed authorisation and timescales
* Processing of invoices, checking to Purchase Orders and goods received notes, ensuring appropriate authorisation ready for payment
* Investigating and resolving supplier invoices under query arranging returns and ensuring that refunds or credit notes are received
* Ensure invoices are paid within specified time limits
* Raising of Sales Invoices from appropriate documentation, printing and checking for accuracy before distributing to debtors
* Preparation, processing and safekeeping of all Academy income (cheques and cash) for payment into the Bank
* Maintaining a detailed record of non-invoiced income relating to School Extra-curricular Clubs, Trips etc including fund raising initiatives
* Assist with month end procedures including bank and other reconciliations and posting of journals as required * To carry out monthly payroll checks within the primary academies, identifying and resolving incorrect payments.
* Post the monthly payroll journals
* Submit relevant pension reports and ensure submitted accurately and on time
* To assist with the monthly VAT analysis submitted to the Trust
* To maintain an accurate filing system suitable for audit purposes
* Dealing with queries from suppliers (including statements), debtors, budget holders and other Academy staff
* To operate flexibly and, in particular, to assist at peak times with budget preparation
* Ensure confidential, tactful and secure management of sensitive information
* Any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post What you'll need to succeed We are ideally looking for someone who has previously worked as a School Finance assistant or a very similar role.
You will need to have a DBS on the update service or be willing to pay for a new DBS check at the cost of GBP44.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.