Mobile App Developer - Android
Role: Mobile App Developer - Android
Location: This opportunity is open to remote workers based in the UK who are able to attend meetings in Uxbridge UB8 on an occasional basis.
Salary: GBP45,000 to GBP50,000 per annum
My client is a fast-growing saas with a clear market leading position in the UK Care sector. Information Technology is a product-focused team creating Web mobile applications for their clients. The highly skilled cross-functional team create client-focused solutions and support a roadmap driven by client and market needs. The broader team manages and supports all technology and business application requirements. The Information Technology team is driven to provide excellent solutions to problems, is excited by technology and hungry to learn about and embrace new concepts.
The work involves more than coding for coding's sake; the apps they produce make a difference to people's lives and their culture encourages and embraces individual and team contributions as part of an "ideas meritocracy".
The Mobile Application Developer is responsible for the creation of high-quality, industry leading Mobile Applications for clients. Constantly seeking to learn and improve they actively research, develop and recommend practices, platforms, features and best practice that may benefit clients.
- Building state of the art mobile apps for a rapidly growing user base.
- Maintain and enhance mobile applications by addressing bugs and introducing new features
- Strong focus on technical quality standards.
- Demonstrate new features to colleagues prior to release.
- Contribute throughout the software development life cycle.
- Thorough understanding of modern development practices such as test automation, Cloud centric apps, CI/CD and DevOps.
- Diligent and self-motivated part of a small mobile development team.
- Experienced in working with a strong backend development team to deliver functionality.
- Interacting with UI / UX designers to achieve an aspirational UX which is suitable for our clients.
- Participating in pull requests and code reviews.
- Regularly assessing and improving anything that affects you, your team or the company.
- Proactively research development practices, products and mobile devices to recommend, research and develop valuable features
Skills & experience required:
- Successful delivery of at least 3 applications on Android OS (mobile and/or tablet).
- Full understanding of the Software Delivery Lifecycle.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding and experience of working with the Android SDK, Kotlin and Android Studio.
- Understanding of at least one other programming language (Nice to have).
- Strong understanding of secure coding practices.
- Able to contribute to the design of REST APIs.
- Mastery of object-oriented programming paradigms - You should be familiar with SOLID and GRASP principles and know that the Hollywood Principle is not screening at the cinema anytime soon.
- Understanding of design patterns and the principles of software architecture.
- Versed in version control and Agile Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools - Ideally Git and Azure DevOps.
- Experience of working with Fabric (Answers, Crashlytics, Twitter), Google Analytics, Firebase, Google SDK, Localisations and Push Notifications.
- Experienced in test automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Understanding of Human Interface Guidelines.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and confident when dealing with colleagues and customers.
- Experience of working as part of small development team.
- Experience of working with remote/offshore developers and testers.
- You should be a lifelong learner who is passionate about technology.
- You should possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with at least one Agile methodology - preferably Scrum.
This vacancy is being managed by Ben Moses at Spear Recruitment Ltd
Spear Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook and you can follow us on and on
Copyright Spear Recruitment Limited 2014.
Use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Spear Recruitment Ltd prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.